Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Endodontist Accepts Fidelis and treats children

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 12:24 pm
Anyone had good experience with an endodontist that accepts Fidelis and sees kids? I need for root canal. I’d go anywhere in NY.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 1:08 pm
If not for insurance at least someone specializing in kids root canal and does a super job?
Why is it so hard to find a good one for insurance? Sad

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 1:21 pm
I don't know of one, but it might be worthwhile to work backwards. Call fidelis and ask for endodontists that participate with them, and then call those dentists and ask if they see children. Then, once you have some names on insurance, do you research on the specific dentists to make sure they are good.

Hatzlocha!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 1:49 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I don't know of one, but it might be worthwhile to work backwards. Call fidelis and ask for endodontists that participate with them, and then call those dentists and ask if they see children. Then, once you have some names on insurance, do you research on the specific dentists to make sure they are good.

Hatzlocha!

I’ll do just that. Thank you.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 2:18 pm
I believe the clinic at Lutheran Hospital ( 1st avenue and 50 something Street) does take fidelis . call them.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 2:33 pm
You are welcome. According to my knowledge of medicaid law, I know NYS medicaid does not cover root canals in adults. I'm not sure what the law is in children, or perhaps, if a managed medicaid covers like Fidelis covers more than what straight medicaid covers.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 7:53 pm
I’ve been there done that with my daughter twice. There is one doctor dr browdy who takes Insurance but DO NOT go there. He is a real nutcase. Doesn’t let parent in the room and was yelling at my daughter and threatening to put her under general bec she flinched when he gave the first injection. I left after he number her when I heard him screaming and spent 2k on an amazing dentist but well worth it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 7:54 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
I’ve been there done that with my daughter twice. There is one doctor dr browdy who takes Insurance but DO NOT go there. He is a real nutcase. Doesn’t let parent in the room and was yelling at my daughter and threatening to put her under general bec she flinched when he gave the first injection. I left after he number her when I heard him screaming and spent 2k on an amazing dentist but well worth it.

That’s the problem. The select few that accept insurance are usually horrible. And I don’t exactly have 2K for this.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 7:57 pm
Dr Craig berry in five towns is cheaper. Was about $1400. Amazing doc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics