Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Peeing through pull ups almost every night

jj1236

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 6:31 pm
So I have one potty trained dc and one in diapers. They both wear pull ups at night because we thought it would prevent peeing through, but even though my older one uses the bathroom before sleep and they don't drink a lot before bed, almost every day they wake up wet! We're using Huggies but should we be using the nighttime ones specifically? What's a good brand?
Thanks!

tante_feige

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 7:21 pm
Use nighttime. A different brand/size may give better fit. This is very specific to the child, unfortunately there isn't one "right" answer.

You can also try using disposable mattress pads, in addition to the pullups.

lucky14

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 7:34 pm
Goodnites were the only ones that worked for us. The other brands leaked.
I agree with the disposable mattress pad as a backup or a couple of the washable ones that you can put on top of or under the sheets (we used those).

abaker

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 8:43 pm
How old is he? Sometimes going without a pull up or diaper is the answer. Could be he will have accidents for a few days in underwear at night but then he will stop peeing at night once he realizes he doesn't have the diaper on anymore.

bsy

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 9:18 pm
abaker wrote:
How old is he? Sometimes going without a pull up or diaper is the answer. Could be he will have accidents for a few days in underwear at night but then he will stop peeing at night once he realizes he doesn't have the diaper on anymore.

I had a different experience. I put my kid in underwear to night train her. Accidents almost every single night for several weeks. Even if I took her to the bathroom in middle of the night. I gave up and got pull ups. In 2 weeks, they've been dry every single night except one. What

malki2

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 9:21 pm
Do what we did: use 2 pull-ups. But after you put on the first one, rip it open a few inches opposite the area that gets the wettest, then put on the second one. This way it will leak through the opening into the outer one which will contain the remainder of the wetness.

jj1236

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 9:27 pm
All great ideas, thanks! I'll start by trying the goodnites and see what happens. We have the mattress protector but I'm not enjoying washing her sheets and blanket everyday lol.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 9:50 pm
jj1236 wrote:
All great ideas, thanks! I'll start by trying the goodnites and see what happens. We have the mattress protector but I'm not enjoying washing her sheets and blanket everyday lol.

We had the same with my 7 yo. Turns out it was PANDAS (had other symptoms too).

GL with the pullups. Nighttime is a good company.

HelloG

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 8:57 pm
if it's a boy then point his thing down

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:27 pm
I used to wake my son about 2 hours after he fell asleep to use the bathroom. Only thing that worked.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:32 pm
We use the Up and up nighttime underwear (pullup) for our 6 year old daughter and never have a problem with leaking. We just started her on medication but it doesnt seem to be helping either.😕

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:37 pm
It’s biological. Don’t worry about it. You can’t train for nighttime until they’re biological ready

We use pampers overnights.

Or 2 diapers

Or a sposie pad in the diaper

Or a cloth diaper cover

We’ve dealt with it and have used all these ideas at one time or another.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 11:05 pm
jj1236 wrote:

I had the same the only thing that worked was Dr. Sagie. Go to Therapee, it's incredible, before that he woke up soaking wet every night.

Sewsew_mom

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 11:28 pm
One of my kids that had a lot of accidents I used to put a (we called it a pish mattress) waterproof mattress pad down on top of the sheet. Than had one in hands reach. If kid peed, just switched it out switched their pants and put a new one down all took 3 mnts. And than just washed the pad in the morning. I have like 5 of them so didn't need to wash the sheet and didn't need to wash daily.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 11:52 pm
Put a baby monitor in the child's room. If you hear them toss and turn, or fuss at night, it could be that their body is trying to wake up to go pee. Take your child right away to the bathroom, and then tuck them back in. I did this with DD, and pretty soon she was getting out of bed and going on her own. As she got older, she eliminated the middle of the night trips all together.

This works great unless your child is a really deep sleeper. If that is that case, it's going to be a long road, so just hang in there and try to be as patient and understanding as possible.

Frumwithallergies

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:43 am
I suggest eliminating all liquids after 4pm; right before bed, sit then on the toilet and run the tap, keep it on for 5 minutes. This encourages dc to empty the bladder completely.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 1:34 am
DS we trained by taking him out at 10:30 at night to go pee. He protested, he sleep-peed, but it did the trick. After about a week, he started marching to the bathroom to do it himself, and that was the end of it.

DD self-trained, BH. I'm very thankful.

anonymrs

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:25 am
Does child have enlarged tonsils/adenoids?

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:09 am
anonymrs wrote:
Does child have enlarged tonsils/adenoids?
so interesting I’m not OP but mine does. How does this contribute to nighttime wetting?

anonymrs

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:47 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
so interesting I’m not OP but mine does. How does this contribute to nighttime wetting?

No idea but it's definitely connected. And ask Dr for a strep blood test.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers