Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Everyone goes away besides for us
Previous  1  2

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There's no solution to the situation. I just want to vent and kvetch and cry because I get no break, ever.

Same! Hugs! It’s not easy. Need a change of scenery ASAP for my mental health!!!
Any ideas???

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:19 pm
Same boat, different current.

I go to parks with water sprinklers and sit on the bench that gets wet while my kids play.

I take a day off and go to the beach.

I treat us all to a tub of ice cream, in sugar cones every other week. I even buy a variety Of sprinkles to keep things colorful.

Practice self care, whatever it is for you

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:22 pm
I’m really desperate for a change of scenery or even to go away for Shabbos but it ain’t happening. Join the club.
We shall overcome!

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:40 pm
It would be easier to swallow if it's just this year. But this is every single year. Stuck in our tiny Brooklyn shoebox all year round.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:57 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Going away this summer is really difficult. We’re staying home.

Not helpful.
Go away

happyone

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 11:00 pm
You and me. This year we are just grateful to all be home alive and well.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 11:02 pm
flowerpower wrote:
We are home. Come by and join our pool. You can sit on the swing while your kids are having fun splashing water in every direction possible.

How I wish we at least had a pool. Or friends here. I'm crying all night about this.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 11:04 pm
happyone wrote:
You and me. This year we are just grateful to all be home alive and well.

Good on you that you are well. I am not well. I am one step away from being admitted to a mental hospital because I feel like snapping in two. Like a twig. I will snap like a twig. Crying as I am writing this.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 11:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Good on you that you are well. I am not well. I am one step away from being admitted to a mental hospital because I feel like snapping in two. Like a twig. I will snap like a twig. Crying as I am writing this.

I wish I could send you a vacation in a box, like the camps. I also recognize that finances are not the only reason people can't go away, and that whatever your reasons are may make day trips close to impossible, even free ones.

If it's workable, have dh choose two days this summer (one soon!) that he is in charge and you are off. If not, or even if so, can you schedule camp for yourself? Block off an hour twice a week and Zoom with a good friend who lives anywhere. And if not... I don't know. But I get it. I bless you that Hashem should reveal a way to help you.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 11:53 pm
I feel the same way every summer we go away.
Due to Covid we can't go away and don't have money to send my kids to camp
so they will be home all day. going to go insane till school starts again

shmosmom

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:10 am
flowerpower wrote:
We are home. Come by and join our pool. You can sit on the swing while your kids are having fun splashing water in every direction possible.

Great, can we also come?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:17 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I wish I could send you a vacation in a box, like the camps. I also recognize that finances are not the only reason people can't go away, and that whatever your reasons are may make day trips close to impossible, even free ones.

If it's workable, have dh choose two days this summer (one soon!) that he is in charge and you are off. If not, or even if so, can you schedule camp for yourself? Block off an hour twice a week and Zoom with a good friend who lives anywhere. And if not... I don't know. But I get it. I bless you that Hashem should reveal a way to help you.

Amen thanks. Not workable to leave my dh in charge because he is a useless piece of ****.

essie14

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:35 am
Pools are closed, beaches are closed. Hotels are not serving food. There's no where to go. I desperately need a change of scenery.

DrMom

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:41 am
Can you take a daytrip somewhere?

essie14

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 1:10 am
DrMom wrote:
Can you take a daytrip somewhere?

We went to the zoo this week. It was exhausting.
My 3 yr old has been at home with me 24/7 since Purim. I love her to pieces but it would be nice to lounge by a pool and have a meal served to me in a hotel.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 1:14 am
essie14 wrote:
We went to the zoo this week. It was exhausting.
My 3 yr old has been at home with me 24/7 since Purim. I love her to pieces but it would be nice to lounge by a pool and have a meal served to me in a hotel.

Exactly. Anyway I don't drive.

rainbow dash

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 4:27 am
My daughter is having dental surgery for braces first week of August. So we are definitely not going anywhere. Also with the situation we dont want to suddenly get trapped in a country. Bh there is usually events going on in our city so I look out for those. Trust me, you are not the only person not going away this year.

rachel0615

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 6:28 am
op- it sounds like you are really struggling. Do you really feel though that not going on a vacation is the source of all your struggles?

Even if going away is out of the question- what self care can you give yourself today? A long bath? At home facial? Eating ice xream from the tub while reading or watching something? I think its important to find times to nurture yourself and through doing that you might be able to figure out what is triggering you and causing your frustration to manifest itself in the strong desire to go away.

Re not being able to leave kids with dh- unacceptable. He needs to figure it out. Uou are a human and need a break!!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 8:03 am
OP, hugs! Evidently there's a lot more going on.
I was thinking something like doing fun stuff at home - buying new music CDs, games, fun food, watching a movie or concert together etc. - for a dedicated few days. That could make your children feel good, that and them knowing that a lot of people aren't vacationing as usual or shouldn't be going on their vacations (e.g. going to FL now). It may not help you but it could be great for the kids.
But I don't know if that's possible ($$) or helpful. So never mind. Just hugs! And tefillos that things turn around.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics