Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What makes you respond to one post but not another similar ?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:33 am
Two or more people can post similar types of anonymous posts at similar times of day- for example asking for a recommendation. Some women on this site will be more likely to answer one post and not the other even when bumped. Why is that? If you do this, why?

mamma llama

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:35 am
Sometimes I'll respond to the second one because I saw it first, and then I just assume the other poster will notice it's similar too and see what I said.

Also, I don't open every thread, so I may never even see the other post.

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:39 am
mamma llama wrote:
Sometimes I'll respond to the second one because I saw it first, and then I just assume the other poster will notice it's similar too and see what I said.

Also, I don't open every thread, so I may never even see the other post.

Same. OP please don’t take it personally.

jerusalem90

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:43 am
I'm more likely to respond if there are only a few comments. If there are 40+ comments I won't want to read them all unless it's a subject that really interests me.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:49 am
Same. I usually answer the post I see first then when I see similar I believe the second poster sees it in the other thread.

Elfrida

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:49 am
If you've responded to one, you don't feel much like typing out the same information again on a second post. Then because of the response, the post will be bumped to the top of the list, so other people will see and respond to it earlier. It's pretty random, not personal, especially if OP is anonymous.

Some people will post the same thing in a few forums at once, and then either one post becomes the dominant response, or you get parallel discussions going on at once. Especially if it is an information based discussion, it's easier to have it focused in one place. Other people can always ask their own questions in the same thread.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 1:35 am
If I have something to add, and I feel like it I do. Often if I wait someone else posts similar to what I wanted to.
Often a pulling title, often in question form gets my brain into response mode.

rivkam

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 2:23 am
I'm more likely to respond to a post made by a poster I recognise

israelmama

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 6:08 am
rivkam wrote:
I'm more likely to respond to a post made by a poster I recognise

Same here. If it’s under amother I’m less inclined to answer.

imasinger

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 6:14 am
As a poster, if I post a question, then notice another thread about the same question, I delete my OP. Usually after reminding myself that next time I should do a search on my topic before posting.

If it's too late for that, I'm happy to read responses on a similar thread. Because I'm usually looking for information and perspective, rather than attention to my thread in particular.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 6:16 am
I respond if I have information on the question.
Sometimes a poster writes that she wants the best, perfection, and that I don't have an answer for because nothing is perfect. Other times a poster will grill the person who answers, so if I see that pattern I have no interest either.

imasoftov

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 7:43 am
Maybe one post's title was "which brand of floor wax also works as a dessert topping" and the other's was "ATTN ALL IMAMOTHERS!!!!!"

soap suds

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 7:51 am
Timing. Sometimes I just browse through threads quickly and don’t have the time to respond. Later, when I do have time, I tend to skip over The threads I’ve already read and check out the new ones.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 3:51 pm
I'm totally turned off by solid walls of text.
If you want me to read your post, put in some white space. Even if you don't know how to craft a coherent paragraph and separate it from its neighbors, skip a line now and then to give the eye a break. And some commas and periods to show where one thought ends and the next begins would also be much appreciated.

ddmom

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 5:24 pm
Sometimes the tone of the post makez me respond or the way it's written.
When I see a thread later on and there's already a lot of answers, I don't feel like anything I add will make a difference so I don't answer.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 5:28 pm
if the headline has details

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 5:44 pm
imasoftov wrote:
Maybe one post's title was "which brand of floor wax also works as a dessert topping" and the other's was "ATTN ALL IMAMOTHERS!!!!!"
Marketing!

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 5:44 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I'm totally turned off by solid walls of text.
If you want me to read your post, put in some white space. Even if you don't know how to craft a coherent paragraph and separate it from its neighbors, skip a line now and then to give the eye a break. And some commas and periods to show where one thought ends and the next begins would also be much appreciated.
And layout!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics