Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
THIS is what’s so hard about following the rules
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 1:13 am
I don’t have time to read the whole thread but OP, people like you are the reason cities are re-locking down now. Because non social distancing and non mask wearing has been causing a rise in cases. We are talking about life and death here. So I’m so sorry your mask wearing is slightly uncomfortable but being in a hospital on a ventilator is a lot worse. And maybe in your little NYC bubble there are not so many cases but there are still people in the hospital and still deaths. A 41 year old man died a few days ago who was in perfect health prior to contracting the virus. So you can’t say only immunocompromised.
We all want the country to reopen and we all want to live a long healthy life. If I’m order to reopen the country safely, you need to wear a mask while I’m close proximity, wear the mask.
Are you also going to say you feel restricted because it’s illegal to buy drugs? You should be able to weigh the risks, no? Or because it’s illegal to drive at 100 mph? They put these rules in place to support a productive economy safely.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 1:28 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
How would you enforce a quarantine between the states? Unless you're manning all the roads that lead in and out of the states, people can come and go as they please.

This is why some people are very frustrated by the lack of a federal response.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 1:38 am
Chabad got some good news during the fast that a 39 year old Rabbi spoke his first words BH since going into an induced coma 4 months ago when he was stricken with COVID. He had been on a ventilator, ECMO, chest tubes, lung surgery, etc and still has a long road ahead to get back to normal.
The recording of his raspy first words saying that he was "back" was shared all over WhatsApp.
It was the best news ever but also a sober reminder that youth will not always protect someone from this type of response to the virus.

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 8:31 am
southernbubby wrote:
Chabad got some good news during the fast that a 39 year old Rabbi spoke his first words BH since going into an induced coma 4 months ago when he was stricken with COVID. He had been on a ventilator, ECMO, chest tubes, lung surgery, etc and still has a long road ahead to get back to normal.
The recording of his raspy first words saying that he was "back" was shared all over WhatsApp.
It was the best news ever but also a sober reminder that youth will not always protect someone from this type of response to the virus.

Baruch Hashem! That gives me hope for some of the people on my list!

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 9:57 am
It's simple. Even if you are in a low risk group, even if you are willing to take the risk rather than mask and SD, are you willing to risk chas ve shalom infecting and maybe killing someone's grandmother or immunocompromised friend or even one of the many healthy 30 year olds who one would have thought would have mild cases and then died? Do you want to be, knowingly or unknowingly responsible for seriously harming or killing someone? Is it worth it to you to wear a mask to avoid that? Its the 3 weeks, people. How about thinking of others, even if it isn't pleasant or doesn't make sense to you
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics