Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Different ages--keeping everyone happy

thegiver

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:47 pm
What do you plan so you can give everyone attention-- Esp the little ones? The older ones can kind of entertain themselves but need options readily available. Do you have an agenda for each day?

How do you divide your attention btwn older and younger kids (aged ten to baby)

One of my kids loves projects
One loves playing outside
One loves building but gets frustrated and could use help
One just enjoys smiling and togetherness and is easily content but could use more stimulation. Because he's so good natured it's easy to ignore him for most of the day.
And when my baby cries I just want to cry. Ha. It's funny in retrospect.

I wish there was more Seder to giving everyone the attention they need. Like do you plan special time? How do you bond with each kid when they all need you most of the time? Banging head

(Here's some time they don't need me: snack time, coloring, when they are involved in an activity that's usually not allowed like a choking hazard toy that I ordinarily hide away).

For instance when I am reading parsha to the older kids I feel like my 2 yo just spaces out and doesn't get anything. How so I make it interesting for his age?

(Btw when one kid is kvetchy how do you personally stay positive and not shut them out--how do you help get your kids into a good mood and not get dragged down by their squabbles Laugh ?)

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 9:15 am
When a kid is kvetchy you can validate, distract, model the nice way to say things.
You are not going to be 100% there for every child 100% of the time. Try to structure the day so that when the day is over, each child got some special time with you.

mrsjay

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 10:05 am
(Btw when one kid is kvetchy how do you personally stay positive and not shut them out--how do you help get your kids into a good mood and not get dragged down by their squabbles?)

This ! One of my biggest challenges can someone offer some sage advice
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics