Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Help me find a school in lakewood

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:30 pm
My daughter will be 5 in a year and a half looking for a school for her, recently moved from Brooklyn, we're a working family my husband wears Colored shirts I do let my kids watch on occasion.. Anyone know of a school that will be a good fit?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:47 pm
Ateres Tziporah?

Can you ask friends with similar lifestyle to you where they send?

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:58 pm
Bnos penina?

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 1:22 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Ateres Tziporah?

Can you ask friends with similar lifestyle to you where they send?

That school is no longer in existence. Try Tehilas Chaya Sara. There may also be some newer schools I don’t know about.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 1:59 pm
Theres a great new school that might fit ur criteria called neemas bais yaakov..

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 2:03 pm
Thanks everyone, how about nachlas or bnos esther malka would that be a good fit

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 2:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks everyone, how about nachlas or bnos esther malka would that be a good fit

The people I know in those schools mostly wear white shirts. They may be the right fit for you, and it’s possible that the people who send there would really be the type to wear colored shirts elsewhere. But in Lakewood it’s a certain “type” who wear colored shirts. Which is fine, we’re that type Wink Lakewood is complicated though! And schools focus almost entirely on externals when it comes to their parent body. Unfortunately.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 2:08 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
The people I know in those schools mostly wear white shirts. They may be the right fit for you, and it’s possible that the people who send there would really be the type to wear colored shirts elsewhere. But in Lakewood it’s a certain “type” who wear colored shirts. Which is fine, we’re that type Wink Lakewood is complicated though! And schools focus almost entirely on externals when it comes to their parent body. Unfortunately.

Wow sounds complicated, I'm a little nervous

oneofakind

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 2:13 pm
Try Bnos Bracha. They want the family to be nice, mother tznius, don't care about the shirt.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 2:14 pm
Does it really matter where you want to go?
In Lakewood you just run to the school that finally will say yes!

barbara1

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 12:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My daughter will be 5 in a year and a half looking for a school for her, recently moved from Brooklyn, we're a working family my husband wears Colored shirts I do let my kids watch on occasion.. Anyone know of a school that will be a good fit?

The school situation is impossible in Lakewood I have lived in Lakewood for the past 20 years and went through gehenim to get into the Lakewood schools its just impossible and I would think twice before moving to Lakewood.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 12:37 am
kids watch tv, secular videos or only Jewish stuff?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 12:42 am
[quote="amother [ Amber ]"]kids watch tv, secular videos or only Jewish stuff?[/quotes

Kids secular stuff

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 12:44 am
oneofakind wrote:
Try Bnos Bracha. They want the family to be nice, mother tznius, don't care about the shirt.

Bnos Bracha may sound the type, HOWEVER, I know someone who is working and he wore colored shirts. They are a very good frum family. Bnos Bracha told them in their interview that they will accept them if he switches to white shirts. He agreed and they accepted them.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 12:57 am
It’s funny my DH wears colored shirts but we live yeshivish lifestyle. I dress 100% tzinius, kids have no internet or screen time. We send to schools to the right and never had problem with dhs shirt choice. We had a hard time getting into schools a few years ago. But once we got in they took us for who we are.

barbara1

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 12:58 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
It’s funny my DH wears colored shirts but we live yeshivish lifestyle. I dress 100% tzinius, kids have no internet or screen time. We send to schools to the right and never had problem with dhs shirt choice. We had a hard time getting into schools a few years ago. But once we got in they took us for who we are.

Not everyone gets into a school of their choose so count ur blessings.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 1:01 am
barbara1 wrote:
Not everyone gets into a school of their choose so count ur blessings.

Your right. I’m so grateful (I got into school in August. Into a school I never applied to. And I see yad Hashem so clearly because it is obviously the best school for us all these years - much better then were we applied.)

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 8:25 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Your right. I’m so grateful (I got into school in August. Into a school I never applied to. And I see yad Hashem so clearly because it is obviously the best school for us all these years - much better then were we applied.)

And I’m sure your husband’s shirts were a factor in you not getting into a school you didn’t apply to til August.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 8:42 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
And I’m sure your husband’s shirts were a factor in you not getting into a school you didn’t apply to til August.

The school I got into was way more to the right and looks beyond shirt color amazingly!
We didn’t apply there because it’s a smaller school that is hard to get into. We chose larger newer schools to be practical. It just shows Hashem
Is in charge and the choice isn’t ours.
Maybe I’m naive but I’m not convinced the shirts were the deciding factor but I’m sure it’s part of it. I know no school has room and many ppl besides for us weren’t accepted. (When DH asked one owner the next year why he didn’t accept us he said we didn’t beg hard enough so he assumed we weren’t interested - which is true because we put all our efforts into one specific school. That kept pushing us off. By the time they did accept us also in august we were already in the other school and I was so disgusted with them I was happy I want sending.

Eta - you could be right. We weren’t accepted to any school purely based on dhs shirt cooler. But at the end of the day that was still the best for us. I choose to believe Hashem had a plan for us, it was out of my hands when I thought I knew what was best. Because had I gotten into those schools right away I wouldn’t be were we are now.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 8:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Hi op. Im in nachlas. Its a great school and bh they accepted us a few days after the interview w.o much pull (the rav of the shul did make a call for us) but they called around about us and asked pointed questions to make sure that we are the kind of parents that they want. I wrote upthread that I heard neemas is a great school, I think the reason I had a good experience is because I applied to a new school that I knew had room. A few years after these school open they are impossible to get into because they are already filled with siblings and hanhala and teachers children. I think your best bet is trying with a newer school that still has open doors instead of fighting your way into a school with none or very limited space..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers