Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving before or after baby??
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 6:58 pm
Would You rather move before your 9th month or after the baby if your tight in space?

ShishKabob

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 7:00 pm
I'd definitely move before. I'm out of commission afterwards.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 7:03 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
I'd definitely move before. I'm out of commission afterwards.

I feel so much more energetic after so I don't know what to do

chatz

Before the baby

I've moved twice while in my 9th month.

allthingsblue

Definitely before. (I've done it in my 8th month)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 7:04 pm
chatz wrote:
Before the baby

I've moved twice while in my 9th month.

The packing/ unpacking was not exhausting?

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 7:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The packing/ unpacking was not exhausting?

We did it little by little. I could never have done it with a newborn- feeding and changing diapers non stop, trying to get them to sleep on a schedule, and if older sibs are in the picture, watching them like a hawk so they don't hurt the baby...

RuralIma

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 7:07 pm
I would do it before. You never know how you're going to feel, even if you felt amazing in the past it's not a guarantee, baby's temperament - will baby sleep while you're packing/unpacking or scream? How much sleep would you be getting? If baby sleeps well it wouldn't be too hard to pack/unpack but if you're barely getting two hours, the last thing I would want to do is deal with packing or unpacking anything. How much extra stuff will there be the schlep for baby?

If you're all moved and settled beforehand you don't have to stress or deal with all that and just get on with your routine and getting to know the newest member of the family.

It just depends on how much help you would be getting and what you think you would be able to handle. B'sha'ah tova

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 7:16 pm
Before

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 7:18 pm
I did it after, with a 2 month old. I couldn't do it before. I can't move myself in my 8th 9th month, how can I move my whole house?

choc lover

Post Sat, Jul 11 2020, 5:14 pm
Definitely before. Taking care of a newborn is a full time job. If you move before you can be settled and just focus on the new baby without any extra stress

happy chick

Post Sat, Jul 11 2020, 9:46 pm
Definitely before. Even if you don't finish unpacking every last box, at least you're not pressured to get out of your old place.
And then you can have everything figured out before the baby arrives.

amother
Olive

Post Sat, Jul 11 2020, 9:49 pm
I just did it in my 8th month. I’m unpacking slowly and iyh everything will be ready in time for the new baby. Would definitely recommend before.

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Jul 11 2020, 9:58 pm
Due to delayed closing, I’m moving after baby.

I am packing before, only leaving out essentials.

amother
Amber

Post Sat, Jul 11 2020, 10:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I feel so much more energetic after so I don't know what to do

Im surprised by all the "before" answers! This is so personal! I can relate to feel much better after but this is the type of thing where you have to know yourself...

amother
Taupe

Post Sat, Jul 11 2020, 10:19 pm
Same question but I’ll be moving overseas. Different doctor, different country and not my usual after birth comforts. I’m at risk for ppd. My psychiatrist said to go 8 weeks after but I’m very unsure.

Optione

Post Sat, Jul 11 2020, 10:30 pm
I also feel more energized post birth yet was so relieved that I moved right before giving birth!

rmbg

Post Sat, Jul 11 2020, 10:30 pm
This depends how you feel now. I moved after. My midwife actually suggested it to me as that’s what she has done. I could barely move in my 9th month. The minute the baby came out I felt so much better. It was still hard but at least I was able to move around. My husband managed the Majority of the move and the day of moving I was barely involved. Moving is a huge deal either way.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 1:31 pm
rmbg wrote:
This depends how you feel now. I moved after. My midwife actually suggested it to me as that’s what she has done. I could barely move in my 9th month. The minute the baby came out I felt so much better. It was still hard but at least I was able to move around. My husband managed the Majority of the move and the day of moving I was barely involved. Moving is a huge deal either way.

Yes it is a huge deal. I can relate to this a lot.

I do think I'll feel much much better after. The problem is I don't know how to plan a moving day for after, sinice I don't know when that will be..

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 1:39 pm
Now I am getting nervous bec I hope to move when my baby is about 2 months old. I hope I am feeling back to myself by then. I am taking the time now (while pregnant) to purge and organize so packing will be easier.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating