Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Temporal lobe epilepsy (family first)
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 6:29 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
As someone who suffered for years with mostly nocturnal seizures but have experienced numerous focal seizures it’s beyond beyond scary. I never had any aura or warning regarding my focal ones (obviously the grand mal during the night I didn’t have warning but payed the price heavily after each one) but it is beyond scary that one blacks out and time goes on and I’ve continued having a conversation and doing things while it happened and I never had any recollection at all. Each seizure whatever type was scarier and scarier and scary it horrible damage to my body that if I didn’t have surgery probably would have taken my life.

The surgery cured you?

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 6:31 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
its the same poster (who's also the OP). for me, just being allowed to drive would make it worth taking the medicine being that it poses such little risk and is completely safe

My husband is allowed to drive since he doesn’t lose consciousness. (Although I’m not very comfortable when it happens during driving.)

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 6:46 am
BLI AYIN HARA

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 6:47 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
BLI AYIN HARA

BH
Stay well!

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 7:36 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
My husband is allowed to drive since he doesn’t lose consciousness. (Although I’m not very comfortable when it happens during driving.)

really?? thats interesting, never heard of anyone with active seizures being allowed to drive.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 7:54 am
really?? thats interesting, never heard of anyone with active seizures being allowed to drive.

I drive too. I was told to stop driving while taking the tests but after I was able to drive again.
Sienna is just trying to figure this out and gathering as much info as she could don’t worry.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 7:54 am

There are a ton of variables in epilepsy. If one doesn’t lose consciousness and can continue controlling the wheel there’s no reason not to be allowed to drive. It happens while he walks as well without him losing his balance.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 7:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I drive too. I was told to stop driving while taking the tests but after I was able to drive again.
Sienna is just trying to figure this out and gathering as much info as she could don’t worry.

Gee thanks. Last thing we need is more reason to panic.

blessedflower

Post Sat, Jul 11 2020, 11:31 am
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics