Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
House with a Private Pool, Anywhere USA
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 4:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks all! I appreciate each and every one of you taking the time to respond. To the poster who said Pennsylvania, I’d love that, but I don’t think there’s an option of a pool. Keep the responses coming I’m looking into every single option.

Look in Lancaster. I just don’t know if the minyan is open to the public. You would have to check. Lots of homes with pools there.

That is a big thing - out of the tri state area shuls May be closed and ppl may be davening outside.
My DH just traveled for business to a large Jewish community and needed to get permission to join the minyan.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 4:28 am
Op, you can rent big house in Lakewood and then rent a pool 5 minutes away on a different property. There’s a listing of about 50 pools to rent in the BP weekly. There are probably at 15 homes for rent in August listed this week... one had a pool.
I know nj is not the most exciting place to go to when you already live in nj but this year vacations and homes with pools are hard to find.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 4:41 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Op, you can rent big house in Lakewood and then rent a pool 5 minutes away on a different property. There’s a listing of about 50 pools to rent in the BP weekly. There are probably at 15 homes for rent in August listed this week... one had a pool.
I know nj is not the most exciting place to go to when you already live in nj but this year vacations and homes with pools are hard to find.

This is an amazing idea.
And Lakewood can be really fun place for teens.
Beach in the evening
Great Paths for biking (call it mountain biking)
Downstream kayaking or regular kayaking.
Six flags
Great food
Rent a pontoon on the ocean

Also in Lakewood you have tons of minyan times. Some out of town places minyan is 7:00 am and that is it - if that works for you.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 4:46 am
Check out the classifieds in the back of the bp magazine.
https://issues.bpweekly.com/li......html
There is a house in Baltimore and house on Lakewood listed with pools.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 4:55 am
Look in North Miami Beach Florida or Boca. Did it many many times. Keep in mind they will not let u at the minyan even if you are walking distance if you are from the tristate. Arizona also has many houses with pools.

Check reserve kosher. Florida kosher villas. Call agents in these places to find one.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 4:57 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Look in North Miami Beach Florida or Boca. Did it many many times. Keep in mind they will not let u at the minyan even if you are walking distance if you are from the tristate. Arizona also has many houses with pools.

Check reserve kosher. Florida kosher villas. Call agents in these places to find one.

But legally you have to quarantine when you return. And schools and camps may not allow back in. It isn’t the smartest to travel to hot spots now.
Drs and dentists are also not seeing patients returning from those areas.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 4:59 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
But legally you have to quarantine when you return. And schools and camps may not allow back in. It isn’t the smartest to travel to hot spots now.
Drs and dentists are also not seeing patients returning from those areas.

Yup that's a risk you need to take. Plenty of people are still going.

mirror

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 5:12 am
Regarding the Lakewood pools, I only see one with access to a bathroom. So none of the others have bathroom access, right?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 6:17 am
Op you just tossed the minyan thing in there, almost as an afterthought. I’m not judging you but just want to make you aware that many many out communities will not allow vacationers to join their minyan during the pandemic. Even with a mask.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 9:32 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Op you just tossed the minyan thing in there, almost as an afterthought. I’m not judging you but just want to make you aware that many many out communities will not allow vacationers to join their minyan during the pandemic. Even with a mask.

Thanks. I appreciate the heads up.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 9:33 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Check out the classifieds in the back of the bp magazine.
https://issues.bpweekly.com/li......html
There is a house in Baltimore and house on Lakewood listed with pools.

Thanks for the link!

ruchelbuckle

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 8:55 am
I would agree that you might need to forgo a minyan. We decided to go visit my grandmother in a specific area, and we decided to get our own house with a pool. We paid a premium to be near a minyan, then found out that the shul is not currently allowing in outsiders- from anywhere! So we cancelled that house and took a cheaper one.

Just go onto VRBO or Airbnb and do a search in your price range with the amenities you want— number of bedrooms, with a pool. I am sure you will find something, somewhere. If it doesn’t need a minyan your options are much greater. My friend was telling me she got a great house before Shavuous in North Carolina with a pool, hot tub, game room, etc... for not so much.....

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:24 am
Florida kosher villas has one stunning house in WOODRIDGE NY with a pool.
Near plenty minyanim

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:30 am
There was an ad in mishapacha for a rental in Baltimore, private pool, playground, five bedrooms, and it says it's a five minute walk from the yeshiva campus. I'm going to try to upload a picture of the ad .
https://I.imgur.com/J2eBvL6.jpg

Mint Chocolate

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 8:14 am
Another option would be to check swimply in an area with a minyan. Then reserve a pool everyday you are there

amother
White

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 8:41 am
try boca raton near the young isreal lots of kosher food

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 1:34 pm
Mint Chocolate wrote:
Another option would be to check swimply in an area with a minyan. Then reserve a pool everyday you are there

Cool!

Mint Chocolate

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 5:32 am
https://abnb.me/d0uHiakpk8

Saw this and thought of you or anyone else. Minyan not far!! Book it now

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:22 am
Mint Chocolate wrote:
https://abnb.me/d0uHiakpk8

Saw this and thought of you or anyone else. Minyan not far!! Book it now

So cool!!
How do you check where the Minyan is? Is it Chabad?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:47 am
OP, this is what I do when I'm looking for an AIRBNB, near a minyan. I open godaven.com and I put the address/the neighborhood into the godaven search box. Then, when I find a house with a minyan within a reasonable amount of driving time, I call the minyan to make sure they're open etc. Good luck!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics