Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Crazy Food Cravings
1  2  Next

Have you ever eaten chicken past 3am?
Yes and I'm only admitting because this is an anonymous poll!  
 4%  [ 4 ]
Yes and I'm proud!  
 9%  [ 9 ]
No.  
 61%  [ 57 ]
Wait, what?!  
 24%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 93

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 3:36 am
Ok so it's NY time by me (3:36am) and I just ate chicken. Yes I craved chicken... Drunken Smile

What are the weirdest cravings you've had?
Also a slightly related poll.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 3:39 am
Olives. Definitely olives. I always have to have them in the house.

I get insane salt cravings after 11pm. No idea why, but I've always been that way.

RuralIma

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 4:01 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Olives. Definitely olives. I always have to have them in the house.

I get insane salt cravings after 11pm. No idea why, but I've always been that way.

Me too! I think I have 3 different varieties in the fridge right now LOL my husband and son don't like olives so more for me!

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 4:06 am
French fries with chocolate syrup!

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 8:05 am
I woke my DH up at 3 am when I was pregnant with my first because I was craving a green apple. He actually got out of bed and drove to the 24 hr Pathmark to get me a green apple. I laugh about it until this day.

A few years ago, when not pregnant , I was craving a doughnut. But I wanted a specific type. It took my husband and son five stores until they found the doughnut I was craving at a gas station! We won’t mention the suffering I endured for an hour and a half until they finally came home with that doughnut.

My kids tease me all the time , that they never met anyone that craves rice. I sometimes get strong cravings for brown rice or any rice .

MiriFr

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:23 am
My weirdest craving was when I was pregnant with baby #2, and all I wanted was mayo. But I couldn’t just eat mayo on a spoon, so I would have mayo sandwiches for breakfast, lunch, and supper

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:28 am
I used to take Iron pills. I heard advice to take it before bed to jot get a stomach ache, but also to take it with vitamin C to increase effectiveness. So I started eating an orange/tangerine/clementine before bed. Then I got where I couldn't fall asleep if I didn't eat my orange/tangerine/Clementine first 😲😲😲

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:35 am
When pregnant with my 2nd I constantly craved....tums! I literally felt like they were candy and had to control my intake! I would sit there googling how many were safe to eat a day. So delicious 😋
A few days after giving birth I decided to try one again and it tasted like chalk once again 😂😂

Anon because a lot of people know this about me.

Rappel

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:36 am
With pregnancy number 2 - milk suddenly tasted really sweet to me. I would down it by the half gallon.

This time around, I keep craving seaweed. I haven't yet found the perfect seaweed, but I know what I wish I were eating, and I keep buying it hoping it will be good this time.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 10:11 am
Sardines.
Craved them all through pregnancy.
Got all worried that I was eating too much fish, and the doctor thought it was hilarious because sardines is one of the healthiest fish out there.

marvelous

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 10:23 am
Another craving olives fan..

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 10:56 am
I usually never eat milchig (and don't even have milchig dishes in my house!) but this pregnancy all I want is dairy dairy dairy. Especially cheese! So now I stand in line for a toasted bagel almost every day and literally eat it within seconds. The guy working there probably thinks I'm nuts.

lech lecha08

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 11:45 am
With my first, it was chocolate mint cookies that tasted like toothpaste to me when I was no longer pregnant.
My third- pickles and hummus in a pita or tuna salad with cucumbers or pickles in a pita

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 12:07 pm
DH always brings DD fried chicken fingers when he picks her up at the airport for her to eat in the car. It doesn't matter if it is 3am, 9am, 3pm, or 9pm. It is always and that is what she wants. This has been going on for years.

Success10

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 12:37 pm
I think for me the fear of having fleishigs past 2am is really just a larger fear of not being able to have coffee in the morning. But awareness is the first step.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 12:49 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I woke my DH up at 3 am when I was pregnant with my first because I was craving a green apple. He actually got out of bed and drove to the 24 hr Pathmark to get me a green apple. I laugh about it until this day.

A few years ago, when not pregnant , I was craving a doughnut. But I wanted a specific type. It took my husband and son five stores until they found the doughnut I was craving at a gas station! We won’t mention the suffering I endured for an hour and a half until they finally came home with that doughnut.

My kids tease me all the time , that they never met anyone that craves rice. I sometimes get strong cravings for brown rice or any rice .

I had a major craving for Chinese fried rice during one of my pregnancies. I made DH go out and get takeout but it wasn't as good as I was imagining and I ended up being disappointed.

A different pregnancy I was watching TV while waiting for DH to get home late from work. I saw a commercial for ice cream and suddenly I had to have some. I called DH to tell him to pick some up on the way home, but most stores were already closed. He ended up coming home with some weird pear flavor ice cream from some corner store and it was awful.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 1:36 pm
Not pregnant, but I recently craved strawberry flavored gummies. Artificial strawberry flavored, specifically. No idea why, but I just couldn't get enough.

Side note, I'm OBSESSED with the Australian licorice sticks. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 2:56 pm
Even when pg, I don't crave things in a vacuum. Meaning I won't crave pizza unless we have some in the house, or the smell is wafting in from somewhere, or it's mentioned in something I'm reading, and I'm unlikely to eat chicken at 3 am because I suffer from severe FOF (fear of fleishik). I'd have no scruples about eating yogurt or ice cream or pizza or cereal and milk or toast and hummus at 3 am. Probably not a tuna sandwich, though.

top mom

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 2:59 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Not pregnant, but I recently craved strawberry flavored gummies. Artificial strawberry flavored, specifically. No idea why, but I just couldn't get enough.

Side note, I'm OBSESSED with the Australian licorice sticks. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Yes. I . Do.
Yummmm Tongue Out

heidi

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 3:10 pm
When pregnant with DS I craved those mini hot green peppers in a jar.
I would pop them morning, noon and night.
He's the only one of my kids who loves spicy food.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics