Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Refunded for item- can I give it away?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 12:19 pm
An item of clothing I ordered was not true to size. I emailed the company to say that I wanted to return the item, but didn't want to pay return shipping. They told me that I can throw it away and they will issue a refund.

Can I give this item of clothing away to someone it might fit- or do I need to get rid of it (which seems like a waste)?

Bleemee

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 12:20 pm
Target tells me that I can donate it.
I’d ask a shaila rather than the women here.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 12:26 pm
Of course you can.
They specifically told you not to return.
They don’t care what you do with It after that. As long as you were honest with the return.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 12:42 pm
If you're not charging for it, why would it be a problem? Did Target specifically say throw it out? I had a dvd lost in the mail that walmart repl5. They specifically wrote, if you end up getting the lost dvd, keep it and do whatever you want with it

giselle

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 12:50 pm
Is this a serious question? Sell it and make money on it if you so choose. They don’t want it back.

zaq

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 2:15 pm
They don't want it back because either the cost of restocking it is more than the item is worth to them, or it's already out of stock, won't be restocked, and thus they can't re-sell it. it's yours to do with as you like. Give it away, throw it away, make a Purim costume or a dog bed out of it, they don't care.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 2:18 pm
You can do whatever you want with it.
Sell it
Donate it
Use as a tablecloth
Or as a place mat
Or a bathroom rug
Or even a curtain

soap suds

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 3:15 pm
Of course! Why is this even a question?

seeker

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 3:37 pm
I don't see why it's a question. If they told you to throw it away, what they mean is that it's hefker, they know you don't want it and they also don't want it back. Whether you throw it away to the garbage or away to a friend is completely beside the point.

Of course this is all after-the-fact and not at all part of your calculation when buying this item or future purchases. But if you had the integrity to ask this question then that surely didn't cross your mind.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions