Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I can’t stop buying clothes online since the virus started.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 7:57 pm
I wonder if anyone can relate to me that since the virus started and we had to stay in I started ordering loads of clothes. Even now that the shops have reopened I can’t stop buying😟

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 8:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wonder if anyone can relate to me that since the virus started and we had to stay in I started ordering loads of clothes. Even now that the shops have reopened I can’t stop buying😟

Sounds like an addiction. What stress or problem are you trying to distract yourself from?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 8:13 pm
Boredom because I couldn’t go out to work. Now I’m back at work and I can’t stop.

simcha2

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 8:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Boredom because I couldn’t go out to work. Now I’m back at work and I can’t stop.

Will it being the three weeks be enough to stop you? Maybe you can use it to do cold turkey.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 8:23 pm
I’m the same.
I keep ordering. It’s so easy and most of the purchases I could justify. It’s scary how much I spent. I’m afraid for myself to continue this habit.
I think there were times I really didn’t have things so it’s a little like panic mode... I don’t want to be left without things I might need and it won’t be available anymore.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 8:30 pm
simcha2 wrote:
Will it being the three weeks be enough to stop you? Maybe you can use it to do cold turkey.

Many poskim hold that you can buy stuff that you wouldn't say shehechiyanu on. So basics, tops, skirts, really all clothes now are ok until Rosh Chodesh Av at least.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 10:20 pm
Also, can you post some links to some really good finds?

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 10:33 pm
I'm ordering more but that is so there are clean clothes as my cleaning woman hasn't come since March LOL

shirachadasha

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 11:00 pm
If you have the money to spend, that's one thing. If, on the other hand, you're using up savings or going into debt, take a weekly look at your credit card and bank account information. Let that jolt you into realizing this isn't a good thing to do.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 11:04 pm
Yes I think it does have to do with fear of shortages, disruptions, and the like.

hugs and hatzlocha

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 11:29 pm
Same. Not only clothing. Lots of online shopping.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 11:31 pm
The only thing that can save us is turning to Hashem and holding on tightly to the Torah.

HeartyAppetite

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 11:31 pm
I have the same thing, since coronavirus. I have to constantly remind myself I don’t need anything anymore, and really control myself. I don’t go onto any shopping sites anymore Period. And now I keep thinking about that shoe or skirt that looked so pretty but didn’t buy.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 4:19 am
My recent mantra (since the virus):

I AM ENOUGH
I HAVE ENOUGH
I DO ENOUGH

repeat...

thanks

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 8:44 am
I do a lot of shopping on-line. It saves me to much time and is so convenient. When my husband comments about the orders shipping to the house, I tell him that's what helps me hold down my full time job. This is regardless of corona.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics