Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Going to a different community for the lunch program

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 2:25 pm
Hi!
I was wondering if you are allowed to go to a different community to pick up the lunch program. The community I am in has been giving less and less food lately and there is a community a half hour from me that I was told gives a tremendous amount more food. I k'H have a bunch of kids at home and more food would be very helpful. I was told that when ppl take the food, the suppliers get more money so it would be doing them a service by coming and taking. Just wondering what other people think about that.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 2:29 pm
If the program rules don't forbid it, then I don't see a problem.

Edit: even if the program rules forbade it, I would have a hard time getting worked up about a mother bending the rules to literally feed her children in a time of need.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 2:32 pm
If they allow it then they allow it. In nj I believe that you need to take from your own school district.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 2:32 pm
I don't think there's anything wrong with it. There are plenty of people now and the catskills taking from there. I would do it if I felt I needed to.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 2:34 pm
so b'H I can afford to buy food, it's not that I need it. It is just extremely helpful.
I am also in NJ and would be going to NY. Wondering how to find out the rules

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 2:38 pm
DO they run out.
I went to 3 sites this week and all ran out before my return.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 2:39 pm
Were I am there are usually extra
I wouldn't want to take from a family that actually lives there. How would I find out the rules in monsey?

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 2:46 pm
Maybe contact the organizers and ask if you can have the extras, if there are any? I know it’s a federal program but for the most part you need to take from your own school district. There could be exceptions idk

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 4:56 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I don't think there's anything wrong with it. There are plenty of people now and the catskills taking from there. I would do it if I felt I needed to.

Where are the programs in the Catskills?

Thanks

octopus

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 5:16 pm
Don't you think the cost of gas to travel offsets the cost of the food?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 5:16 pm
I think it’s not ok. The food is meant for the local children. You should take from the free food that’s meant for you even if it’s not exactly to your liking.

chocolatecake

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 5:18 pm
I live in NYS and the paper that comes with my box says this program is for all NYS kids 18 and younger. I would imagine that they can’t claim NJ kids. Reach out to the program and ask them tho. I’m sure they would happily include you if they can. The more meals they give out, the more money they make!

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 5:25 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:

don't they have to get from their own school district?

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 5:30 pm
A different community ok. A different state, most likely not ok but it doesn’t hurt to ask.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics