Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
HELP PLEASE- Spider beetles in bedroom and closets
Previous  1  2

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 11:29 pm
amother wrote:
Spider beetles are very hard to get rid of.. had them in my old apartment most exterminators don't know how to deal with them. First of all go through all your stuff, whatever can go in the machine was and dry in hot water that's what kills them. Vacuum all corners of ur closets, shelves and throw out the bag right after. The worms hid in dark, warm places. They can be in the Corner of a container, in the Hem of a skirt. They come from boxes, throw out all carboard boxes in ur house because they live in them.. I can go on and on was a nightmare when I had them. If your interested in using the exterminator that I used in Brooklyn let me know.

please share the exterminaor. Did you have to leave the house for the spraying for a few days? How bad was the smell? There are no cardboard boxes in the bedroom or the bathroom.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 11:34 pm
Could they be hiding in the carpet? Is vacuuming the carpet enough to get rid of them?

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 11:33 pm
Can you post the exterminators number please?

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 10:18 pm
bumping for exterminator name and number

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 8:55 am
sorry didnt see your post till now. his name is bobby number 718-633-9112 he specializes in this, no smell you need to empty your closets and he vacuums all over and sprays but doesnt have a smell... call him and he will tell you everything you need to know about it. takes time to fully get rid of it.. initial charge is $150 then he comes back once a month for $35, worth every penny...

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Sep 14 2018, 11:33 am
amother wrote:
sorry didnt see your post till now. his name is bobby number 718-633-9112 he specializes in this, no smell you need to empty your closets and he vacuums all over and sprays but doesnt have a smell... call him and he will tell you everything you need to know about it. takes time to fully get rid of it.. initial charge is $150 then he comes back once a month for $35, worth every penny...

thank you. Do you have to do it once a month to maintain forever? Does he offer a guarantee and for how long? You haven't seen them since he did it?

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Sep 14 2018, 4:10 pm
amother wrote:
thank you. Do you have to do it once a month to maintain forever? Does he offer a guarantee and for how long? You haven't seen them since he did it?

He came once a month, but I moved shortly after I found it and I had him exterminate my old apt and all the furniture once it was empty and my new house before I moved in, I also cleaned everything like crazy before moving, washed all clothing and whatever can be washed in hot water, cleaned all my toys...andsically threw out most of my stuff because I did not want it coming along to my house, whatever couldn't be washed I just threw out. My landlord was not happy with my garbage.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Sep 14 2018, 5:25 pm
amother wrote:
He came once a month, but I moved shortly after I found it and I had him exterminate my old apt and all the furniture once it was empty and my new house before I moved in, I also cleaned everything like crazy before moving, washed all clothing and whatever can be washed in hot water, cleaned all my toys...andsically threw out most of my stuff because I did not want it coming along to my house, whatever couldn't be washed I just threw out. My landlord was not happy with my garbage.

thanks for the info.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 12:34 am
Anyone else have any ideas? They drive you crazy Sad Having an exterminator once a month doesn't eliminate the problem. I want them gone. If you dealt with this please give suggestions.

nchr

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 7:15 am
They are probably coming from some sort of hole allowing them entrance. We get stink beetles/some similar looking beetle for about 2 weeks during the summer and we just trap them and take them outside (10-30 per day). We get when the kids forget to close the sliding screen door, but our neighbors who do not get central a/c have them fly in from the wall a/c. They are harmless. They look like this https://www.pestworld.org/pest.....bugs/

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Dec 14 2018, 1:19 am
It looks like this: https://www.whatsthatbug.com/2.....e-14/

I can't take them anymor

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 1:11 am
bump

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 1:34 am