Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Getting into Bais Kaila High schools Lakewood

barbara1

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 8:16 am
I have been trying to get my daughter into Bais kaila I was wondering if someone has any ideas what I can do to get my daughter into Bais Kaila I am ready to approach anyone that might help me get into the school. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am desperate as my daughter has no school for next year.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 8:22 am
You applied to four schools? I know that is the recommendation to ensure that most girls will get into a high school.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:17 am
Why Davka bais Kaila?

barbara1

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:43 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
You applied to four schools? I know that is the recommendation to ensure that most girls will get into a high school.

I did and did not get into any of them. One of them was Bais Kaila and its the best match for my daughter.

barbara1

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:45 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Why Davka bais Kaila?

Its the right fit for my daughter.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:46 am
Is there a recommended procedure for those who apply to four and don’t get in? Someone to call who can help? Did you speak to the principal of her elementary school?

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 10:29 am
It’s all about connections. Have every person you know call and harass. It’s the only way. I know it’s uncomfortable to come on to people in this ways but if you know anyone that can call on your behalf that the school will feel uncomfortable to turn down that’s your best bet. send ppl that the school knows too not Just random ppl. They have to feel the pressure. if that’s that’s where you want your daughter that’s the kind of hishtadlus u need to do in Lakewood. After that whatever happens happens. You’ll end up where she’s meant to be! Hatzlacha

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 10:56 am
If you applied to four and got into none I believe the vaad will make sure she has a spot. What about her elementary principal? Cant she help?

QueensMama

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 10:57 am
I'm so so sorry you're going through this. While I haven't gone through it myself, I've seen friends struggle to place a child and its brutal. Wishing you lots of strength....

barbara1

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 12:38 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
If you applied to four and got into none I believe the vaad will make sure she has a spot. What about her elementary principal? Cant she help?

I heard the vaad is not really that helpful, as u must know the Lakewood school situation is so dysfunctional that even a well meaning Vaad cant fix a broken system.

Chayalle

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 1:52 pm
I find that the strongest pull is often her elementary school principal or an 8th grade mechaneches who knows her. Can they help?

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 3:20 pm
barbara1 wrote:
I heard the vaad is not really that helpful, as u must know the Lakewood school situation is so dysfunctional that even a well meaning Vaad cant fix a broken system.
My understanding is that if you follow the vaad guidelines they will find you a school. You need to apply to x number of new schools and x number of schools total. If you don’t get into any you need to contact the vaad by a specific deadline.

The vaad does fantastic work.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 3:52 pm
I’m so sorry for your frustration. I know all about it. Our daughter who just finished ninth grade didn’t have a school to go to till THREE days Before school started and yes we applied and interviewed to four schools and until the last couple days the Vaad wouldn’t help. B”H she got into a great school. Good luck and stay strong

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 4:01 pm
$$$$$$...

Get a gvir or supporter of school to to tell , not ask them to take your daughter...

barbara1

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 5:56 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
I’m so sorry for your frustration. I know all about it. Our daughter who just finished ninth grade didn’t have a school to go to till THREE days Before school started and yes we applied and interviewed to four schools and until the last couple days the Vaad wouldn’t help. B”H she got into a great school. Good luck and stay strong

who ended up helping u get into a school?

barbara1

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 5:57 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
$$$$$$...

Get a gvir or supporter of school to to tell , not ask them to take your daughter...

The unfortunate reality is that the wealthy people all have schools for their children and not so eager to help unless they are either related to u or a close friend.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 8:18 pm
The Vaad ended up helping us. It ends up being a whole game and unfortunately our children are the pawns/korbanos (notice the banos)

barbara1

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:01 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
The Vaad ended up helping us. It ends up being a whole game and unfortunately our children are the pawns/korbanos (notice the banos)

Can u tell me who on the vaad helped u was it mark tress or tzvie rosen as I know both of them and they haven't been able to help us yet?

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 10:33 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
My understanding is that if you follow the vaad guidelines they will find you a school. You need to apply to x number of new schools and x number of schools total. If you don’t get into any you need to contact the vaad by a specific deadline.

The vaad does fantastic work.

The Vaad will get you into a school. They will not necessarily take your Hashkafos or needs into consideration. They don't try to work on behalf of the parents/child to get the child into a school that is a good fit for them.

If there's a school that they want to build up, they will try to get you to go there even if it is likely not to work out for your child. They are in the interest of building up the schools.

I totally understand parents who would prefer to try on their own, for the sake of their child, to get them in somewhere they consider a good fit.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children