Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Would you go on vacation to Florida now???
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:26 pm
Would you go on vacation to Florida now if it’s was a real opportunity that won’t present itself again? Please say why yes or why not. Ty

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:28 pm
If you do go, will you quarantine when you get back as you're supposed to?

Otherwise, please don't even consider going.

happy12

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:28 pm
NO!

My4Jewels

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:30 pm
um no
Numbers are out of control there why would you vacation there out of all places? Even if the opportunity presents itself it's much too high of a risk in my opinion

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:33 pm
Hell no. The new cases in the tristate area seem to be coming from there. You don't want to get sick and then make the people around you sick when you get home. And it's chokingly hot there at this time of year! How would you even enjoy in their drippy sweaty summer weather?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:36 pm
Absolutely not. Their numbers surpassed New York's numbers!

If you do go, make sure you strictly quarantine upon your return.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:36 pm
Absolutely not.
1. I don’t want to put myself in the thick of it
2. I don’t want to quarantine. For me, the point of going on vacation is to be able to go on vacation, not to go away and be stuck in a house for 2 weeks. Are they delivering my groceries? Are they delivering the meds that my family members will need?
3. THE SUMMER HUMIDITY IS A KILLER!!!!

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:39 pm
No.

There is a pandemic raging in Florida. It would be the height of foolishness to go there now. As far as I know, you would have to quarantine upon entering the state, and depending on where you live, quarantine again upon returning home. That four weeks of sitting around, and for what? To risk death, or to spread disease? Oy.

Stars

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:40 pm
NO!! Corona aside it's way too hot!

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:40 pm
Yes I'm going. No I dont want to. No I dont have a choice. No I will not be outdoors in the public. Yes I already had covid, as did my husband. Yes we unfortunately need to go. Sad

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 10:01 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Yes I'm going. No I dont want to. No I dont have a choice. No I will not be outdoors in the public. Yes I already had covid, as did my husband. Yes we unfortunately need to go. Sad

Oy, that sounds very ominous. I hope everything is ok!

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 10:08 pm
I would never "vacation" in Florida in July! I'm in Australia where at least our heat is dry. I once had to go to Orlando for a conference in June, stepped off the plane and the air was thick and gross. No way!!

Not to mention Florida reported a record breaking number of new cases yesterday. That's just an added layer of stupidity.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 10:13 pm
I wouldn't vacation in Florida in the summer even without the pandemic. It would be my idea of hell on earth.

But even more to deliberately travel to an area where cases are soaring. What earthly attraction does Florida have. especially in the summer.

There are so many other vacation spots in the Northeast that are within easy driving distance and have a more pleasant temperature - Maine is lovely in the summer and one can take the coastal route from Boston. A stop in Boston is always interesting even for a day.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 10:37 pm
Noooooo!!!
Read the news. Not the place to go right now.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 10:38 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I wouldn't vacation in Florida in the summer even without the pandemic. It would be my idea of hell on earth.

But even more to deliberately travel to an area where cases are soaring. What earthly attraction does Florida have. especially in the summer.

There are so many other vacation spots in the Northeast that are within easy driving distance and have a more pleasant temperature - Maine is lovely in the summer and one can take the coastal route from Boston. A stop in Boston is always interesting even for a day.

That is assuming people live in the north east.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 10:50 pm
To go now just sounds like a waste of a trip to Florida. Hold it out a little longer and G-d willing things will get back to normal and maybe you can even get away this winter.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 10:53 pm
I live here in South Florida. Putting the Corona issue aside, summers here stink. It's either raining or 98 degrees and humid outside. We typically try to get out of here as much of the summer as we can. I personally would not be afraid of the virus, assuming you are low risk and can social distance. But whatever you think the great opportunity to come here is - trust me, it's not going to be pleasant.

Eishes Chaim

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 10:56 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
I live here in South Florida. Putting the Corona issue aside, summers here stink. It's either raining or 98 degrees and humid outside. We typically try to get out of here as much of the summer as we can. I personally would not be afraid of the virus, assuming you are low risk and can social distance. But whatever you think the great opportunity to come here is - trust me, it's not going to be pleasant.

This

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 11:40 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Absolutely not. Their numbers surpassed New York's numbers!

If you do go, make sure you strictly quarantine upon your return.

True but not the deaths. Why?

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 11:42 pm
No way jose
You couldn’t pay me to go
The heat and corona together absolutely not
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics