Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Is this enough of a reason to test?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 6:28 pm
My throat and tongue feel the teeniest bit sore. My voice is definitely very slightly hoarse- only I can hear the difference. I usually (not always) get allergies now.
I’ve never been tested for Covid, so I have no idea if I had it or not in the past. If I had it, I was asymptomatic. I don’t live in a major breakout area, but I was in Toms River last week. I wore a mask and gloves and applied purell whenever I went out. I washed my hands often. Everyone in the house I was staying at tested positive for Covid in March and had a high number of antibodies.
Is this enough of a reason for me to get tested? Or am I just being neurotic? I can’t jump at every teeny generic symptom, can I?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 6:29 pm
What’s the harm in getting swabbed? Urgent cares everywhere do it now, it’s easy

naomi2

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 6:33 pm
You're fine don't worry. This is not a reason to get tested

Simple1

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 6:35 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
What’s the harm in getting swabbed? Urgent cares everywhere do it now, it’s easy

Last I heard there's a 7 day wait
By that time she could be better.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 6:36 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:

Yeah, sticking a q tip up my brain is easy peasy. It’s the taking off from work, pulling my kids out of daycare (just in case. I wouldn’t ant them to get others sick), and taking my kids along with me to the clinic (because dh can’t watch them) that’s the hard part.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 6:39 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Last I heard there's a 7 day wait
By that time she could be better.

Depends where you are. I took my son to an urgent care near me to get swabbed before he went to camp, there was no wait. I have not heard about any wait here.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 6:42 pm
I always have those symptoms this time of year. Youre saying u also have allergies often. Do not test. Testing is totally not accurate anyway. U might get a false positive and cause u hysteria for nothing.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 6:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yeah, sticking a q tip up my brain is easy peasy. It’s the taking off from work, pulling my kids out of daycare (just in case. I wouldn’t ant them to get others sick), and taking my kids along with me to the clinic (because dh can’t watch them) that’s the hard part.

Honestly, if it was me and I was only doing it as a precaution, I would find an urgent care with night hours, so I would have to miss work. If that wasn’t possible and I had to go during the day, I wouldn’t pull my kids out. IF it comes back positive then I would pull them out, but not for this, as a precaution, when the risk of you having it is so low.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 6:47 pm
First, I heard they don't stick the swab all the way into your brain any more. But I'm still not going. (I was traumatized enough from the first time I went when I had a burst blood vessel in my eye the next day!!!)

Second, if you ever have allergies there's a very good chance that's what you have.

I would take a lot of quercetin & zinc and don't worry!

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 6:53 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
First, I heard they don't stick the swab all the way into your brain any more. But I'm still not going. (I was traumatized enough from the first time I went when I had a burst blood vessel in my eye the next day!!!)

Second, if you ever have allergies there's a very good chance that's what you have.

I would take a lot of quercetin & zinc and don't worry!

They never stuck it into your brain in the first place. It goes up your nasal cavity. If you had a blood vessel burst, they did it wrong.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics