Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
ASAP haircuts

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 8:31 am
Are women allowed to cut their hair in the three weeks if there’s no aesthetic grooming involved? Ie my hair is covered anyway, don’t care how it looks, but I’m terribly uncomfortable with the heat and would love to just chop it off. Any ideas?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 9:38 am
I learned women can not cut their hair during the 3 weeks. Can you put your hair up in a ponytail or a bun so you are not so hot?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 10:30 am
Thanks. I already tie it up under my snood but I just feel soooo hot and sweaty. I was thinking maybe it’s different for women since if the hair is anyway covered there’s no show of mourning by not cutting it, but guess not!

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 10:44 am
There absolutely is room for a heter if your hair is uncomfortable or hard to cover and you need a haircut. Likewise, if a woman wants a haircut for appearances' sake, there is room for halacha to allow it. Ask a Rav. I have, and have gotten an unequivocal 'yes, it's muttar and no need to ask again in similar circumstances'.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions