Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Help me with term life insurance pls, your experience,noExam

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 3:39 pm
I am looking into buying term life insurance around 1 million for 20 to 30 yrs.

I applied and was quoted around 1200 a year for me.

But, now they saw I took metformin so they assumed I had diabetes when pregnant.

I didn't have diabetes when pregnant but took it because diabetes is in my family and I
Didnt want to miscarry.

Now, the insurance wants me to take an exam. I dont want to as anyway, they are telling me
That I'll be put in the more expensive class since they saw I took metformin.

Why am I seeing online for 14 a month? Is it a scam??

Does anyone have term life insurance without having to take an exam(but have diabetes in my family history??

Can anyone share what they have?

I'm lost in all this...especially because now I have to chase down drs to disprove about their assumptions.......

I'm looking for companies to use with no exam. I'm 33 and live in Brooklyn, my.

Tia.

watergirl

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 3:43 pm
I googled and found: https://www.trustedchoice.com/.....exam/

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 4:11 pm
Why not take the exam and if you are in good health, you will gain by lower premiums.

An insurance company is going to rightfully charge more if they can't verify the odds of someone dying within a specific time period based on their health at the time of issue. That is how insurance operates.

dak11

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 4:11 pm
We used bestow.com. They give you a quote in minutes. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I believe they access your medical records electronically. The max term is 20 years.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 4:47 pm
Thank you everyone.

I'll look up some of these.

chocolatecake

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 9:27 pm
AIG has 35 year terms. Why not look into that. It will take you straight to retirement.

Any affordable policy will require an exam.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 9:54 pm
I would advise you to use an agent as oppose to getting your policy online. If you took any medicines in the past few years, the underwriter will require a letter from the doctor explaining why it was prescribed in any case. The policy might go up, but the agent could intervene on your behalf.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 10:32 pm
I take metformin AND I was hospitalized last summer AND I had surgery this year and I got approved with an agent for 20 year term for much less than that. I took the medical exam and since all my numbers came back beautiful bH they gave me a good deal. Use a good agent.

jd1212

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 11:52 am
I’m a life insurance broker and have seen lots of situations like this- ambiguous medical histories where you need an advocate and good relationships with underwriters. I had someone a few months ago who said she applied 5x with a website over the last few years and was repeatedly declined, but when I argued for her and submitted a personal cover letter, etc. she BH got standard rates.

I 100% agree with those above about the exam- insurance companies need as much information as possible and beyond somewhere prohibitively expensive, I can’t imagine any carrier would accept without one. The exams are pretty low-key, the nurse examiner comes to your house for 15 minutes, asks you some questions and takes a blood and urine sample. Any quotes you get without full info are a stab in the dark.

$14/mo. could be for a 20 year old who’s never seen a doctor in their life, maybe a $250,000 term policy.

Feel free to message me if you’d like to talk more.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics