Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Travelling to Canada 15 day quarantine

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 2:54 pm
Hi all,
I heard a lot of Canadians that live in the US were able to get back into Canada and have been going for weekends but not staying the 2 weeks to quarantine. I want to go visit my family but I am confused that if you have to quarantine for 15 days, how are people able to go back to the US? Will they be fined upon their next returned to Canada?
Have you traveled to Canada in the past few weeks with your family? Did they tell you at the border you have to be there for 2 weeks?
Please tell me your experience.
Thanks.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 2:58 pm
You have to quarantine for 14 days
You may leave the country n middle of your stay with no consequences
Just can’t leave the house you are staying at to go shopping, or other places

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 3:19 pm
If you are Canadian, you will be allowed to enter if you pass the health screening at the point of entry. Health Canada has increased its physical presence at border crossings in the last few days.
In Canada, you will not be able to leave the address you gave at the border. The RCMP has been doing spot checks.
You can leave the country whenever you want. They have no way to actually force anyone to stay for 15 days.
I know many people who have been here recently without a problem. At most, they received a telling off at the border. Some people got a phone call from Health Canada/ the RCMP when they were back in the US. When they explained that they had left the country, they were simply removed from the list.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 4:15 pm
My daughter went for weekend. They told border patrol that they were coming for the weekend. They had to fill out where they were staying and told to quarantine. Pn monday after they crossed back into the US her MIL got a call in her house asking to speak to them tp see that they were quarantining. She said they went back to the US. Border patrol was fine with that.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 7:15 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
You have to quarantine for 14 days
You may leave the country n middle of your stay with no consequences
Just can’t leave the house you are staying at to go shopping, or other places

It doesnt say anywhere on the canada website that ppl may leave in middle of their stay with no consequences. Where are ppl getting this information from?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 7:18 pm
I saw on the website that you can’t return across the border less then 15 days.

MiriW

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 8:17 pm
Have people been crossing by land or air? Also, if you've crossed and come back without a problem, are you also a citizen of the US or on a green card?

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi all,
I heard a lot of Canadians that live in the US were able to get back into Canada and have been going for weekends but not staying the 2 weeks to quarantine. I want to go visit my family but I am confused that if you have to quarantine for 15 days, how are people able to go back to the US? Will they be fined upon their next returned to Canada?
Have you traveled to Canada in the past few weeks with your family? Did they tell you at the border you have to be there for 2 weeks?
Please tell me your experience.
Thanks.

If that’s true, they suck. Respect our rules.

Bleemee

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 11:39 pm
If they’ve quarantined while they were in Canada and then got into their cars and drove back over the border albeit before 15 days were over , what’s the problem?

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 11:56 pm
Bleemee wrote:
If they’ve quarantined while they were in Canada and then got into their cars and drove back over the border albeit before 15 days were over , what’s the problem?

The problem is the rules don't allow for that.

Canada doesn't want people popping in for a short visit at the moment.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 12:58 am
I live in a city of 500 k. You know how many cases we have had? 860. 44 deaths. And we are considered a high risk area. So stay home and let us continue being the respectful and careful people we are, if you are not going to quarantine and follow our rules, don’t come. Please.

mizle10

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 1:01 am
Bleemee wrote:

If they’re properly quarantining then they haven’t been visiting any family members. So what’s the point in being isolated in a house for a few days in Canada? The 15 days is 14 days of quarantine and then day 15 to do whatever it was you were planning on doing in Canada.
Also, immediate family members of Canadian can be denied entry, it’s at the discretion of the boarder guard. So a Canadian girl married and living in Lakewood will be allowed to enter but her husband might not be. They seem to be a lot more lenient with people flying than crossing the boarder by car.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics