Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Would you go on vacation to Florida now???
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 11:44 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
True but not the deaths. Why?

Two reasons: this is their first round with it, so the death toll may rise, unfortunately. Also, a BIG part of the death toll in NY came from Cuomo forcing nursing homes to take in sick patients.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 11:44 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:

Because everyone at risk is still locking themselves up

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 11:47 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:

From what I have heard from people working in the hospitals here, patients have been allowed to have someone with them. It makes a big difference. Many people died in NY hospitals because no family was there to advocate for them and they were neglected badly.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 11:48 pm
My neighbor is going to north Miami. No way will she quarintine when she gets back . I hope she doesn't bring it back. Our kids play together all the time .

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 11:54 pm
My neighbor just went.
She interacts with many random ppl on a daily basis. Plans to go back to work when she comes back. Send kids back to camp right away. Keep it a secret.
They don’t have antibodies.
I think she is clueless to how upset ppl are right now. Because they are.

gold21

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 12:00 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
From what I have heard from people working in the hospitals here, patients have been allowed to have someone with them. It makes a big difference. Many people died in NY hospitals because no family was there to advocate for them and they were neglected badly.

Out or curiosity, how overwhelmed is the hospital system in Florida?

baby12x

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 12:31 am
gold21 wrote:
Out or curiosity, how overwhelmed is the hospital system in Florida?

Over 40 hospitals are at capacity.
But they did have time to prepare so many hospitals were able to create a system to change regular beds to ICU beds.
Also, doctors know more about the disease now than they did so they do things differently (like, not ventilating)
That's why the lock downs were so important- it gave them time to prepare and learn more

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 12:34 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Because everyone at risk is still locking themselves up

And ppl aren’t recovering fully. Just heard about 2 young ppl in Florida who have permanent severe organs damage - under 40. Just because death rates are low doesn’t mean ppl are recovering fine.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 1:28 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
That is assuming people live in the north east.

If they don’t live in the Northeast, I am sure there are more pleasant spots than Florida even without a pandemic.

I can’t imagine anyone deliberately visiting Death Valley in the summer either. Wherever you are located, there are more pleasant vacation spots one can drive to

Amarante

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 1:31 am
And death rates have started to rise but not as badly as New York yet because treatment protocols have improved. Still it is not black or white because even if you don’t die, you can become seriously ill and might hav3 long term damage.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 7:11 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
My neighbor is going to north Miami. No way will she quarintine when she gets back . I hope she doesn't bring it back. Our kids play together all the time .

If you think she needs to quarantine and she doesn’t, then don’t let your kids play with heATs for two weeks.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 9:43 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
My neighbor just went.
She interacts with many random ppl on a daily basis. Plans to go back to work when she comes back. Send kids back to camp right away. Keep it a secret.
They don’t have antibodies.
I think she is clueless to how upset ppl are right now. Because they are.

If this is true please ask a rav about informing the camp before she comes back. I don’t understand how ppl can be so selfish!

devo1982

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 5:08 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:

Because it takes time for the deaths to materialize. COVID-19 doesn't kill people immediately - deaths will probably start rising in about a 3-4 weeks for the severest cases that are being hospitalized now. I hope and pray that isn't going to be the case and that most people are coming through this unscathed, but only time will tell.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 6:21 pm
We’re going. Sad
By choice, but not really. We have a relative that we need to visit. I mean, no one is holding a gun to our head and forcing us to visit this person, but it’s the right thing to do.

We are not planning on doing any fun activities - except maybe Lion Country Safari (if it’s open) which you can do from your car. Just grocery shopping, hanging out with our relative, and relaxing in the private pool.
Is there a specific reason why Florida?

Oh, and we will take a COVID test upon returning to our home. In our state, if we have a negative COVID result, we don’t need to quarantine for 14 days.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 6:23 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
We’re going. Sad
By choice, but not really. We have a relative that we need to visit. I mean, no one is holding a gun to our head and forcing us to visit this person, but it’s the right thing to do.

We are not planning on doing any fun activities - except maybe Lion Country Safari (if it’s open) which you can do from your car. Just grocery shopping, hanging out with our relative, and relaxing in the private pool.
Is there a specific reason why Florida?

Oh, and we will take a COVID test upon returning to our home. In our state, if we have a negative COVID result, we don’t need to quarantine for 14 days.

Our local drs are all in agreement that Iv acan take 10 days for covid test to be positive. So taking a covid test on day1-10 May be meaningless anyways and protect no one.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 6:30 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Our local drs are all in agreement that Iv acan take 10 days for covid test to be positive. So taking a covid test on day1-10 May be meaningless anyways and protect no one.

Right. That’s the point of the 14 day quarantine.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 6:43 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Right. That’s the point of the 14 day quarantine.

Really? I thought the point of a 14 day quarantine was because symptoms might not show up for 14 days. I didn’t realize it was also because of the test. I didn’t know that it could potentially take such a long time for the virus to show up on a test.

Whatever the case is at that time, we will definitely quarantine when we come home: until our doctor advises us to get tested and we get results and/or 14 days are up. Obviously, I have no interest in picking up anything and even less interest in like In passing it on to my elderly relative or any of my friends when returning home. , I don’t plan on doing anything in Florida except drive between the two houses and get groceries (hopefully there will be curbside pickup in the area we are going).

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 7:12 pm
Even though I had it I wouldn't go on vacation. I wouldn't want to quarantine when I get home and I wouldn't want to get Floridians nervous that I'm bringing something in to their state. It's not like I would go around wearing a Tshirt that said, Chill, Last Month I Found Out I Have Antibodies.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 7:31 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Really? I thought the point of a 14 day quarantine was because symptoms might not show up for 14 days. I didn’t realize it was also because of the test. I didn’t know that it could potentially take such a long time for the virus to show up on a test.

Whatever the case is at that time, we will definitely quarantine when we come home: until our doctor advises us to get tested and we get results and/or 14 days are up. Obviously, I have no interest in picking up anything and even less interest in like In passing it on to my elderly relative or any of my friends when returning home. , I don’t plan on doing anything in Florida except drive between the two houses and get groceries (hopefully there will be curbside pickup in the area we are going).

I meant that the point of the quarantine is because symptoms don’t show up right away, and neither will a positive test result.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 7:32 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
I live here in South Florida. Putting the Corona issue aside, summers here stink. It's either raining or 98 degrees and humid outside. We typically try to get out of here as much of the summer as we can. I personally would not be afraid of the virus, assuming you are low risk and can social distance. But whatever you think the great opportunity to come here is - trust me, it's not going to be pleasant.

There were just 15,000 new cases in one day. Please don’t put Corona aside. All the people putting it aside are bringing it back up north. No thank you.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics