Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Stimulus check?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 8:32 am
Why haven’t I gotten the check yet? My husband and I are eligible for receiving it, we filed taxes early... in February! I got that letter with Trump’s signature stating the amount we will receive but did not receive the check. This letter was dated mid May. So I called IRS and was put on hold for an hour! Then finally got to speak to someone, she checked and said that they will send me the check from the date I received the letter and can take 4-6 weeks. Well, it’s now July and I haven’t received it! I filed taxes and got it through direct deposit. The IRS agent told me they were mailing the check, even though I filed taxes and received it as direct deposit. And yes, I kept on checking my account and didn’t receive a direct deposit (in case it was sent that way). Anyone else with this issue? It’s frustrating because we’re one of the many that really need it!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 8:35 am
Sny other accounts on your name? Could it have been deposited in another account?

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 8:58 am
They are so overworked and glitchy that the only thing to do is wait. Unless you want to try calling again —I didn’t even know that was possible

We got for me & my husband but not the kids. And my youngest is 2.5 so there’s no reason that would’ve happened.

I’m also waiting for unemployment. Sigh

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:03 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
They are so overworked and glitchy that the only thing to do is wait. Unless you want to try calling again —I didn’t even know that was possible

We got for me & my husband but not the kids. And my youngest is 2.5 so there’s no reason that would’ve happened.

I’m also waiting for unemployment. Sigh

Which state? We were bh able to call in ny and answer questions over phone.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 11:30 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Sny other accounts on your name? Could it have been deposited in another account?

I hope not. I live in NY and managed to speak to someone from IRS who told me that a check will be mailed in 4-6 weeks, it’s passed it. My mom got her check pretty fast and she doesn’t even live in the country anymore! And weird thing is that she got the check first and two weeks later that letter with Trump’s signature. I got his letter first that states how much I’m getting... but no payment yet, and it’s not going to direct deposit, it’s supposed to be mailed 🙄

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 11:35 pm
My in laws have direct deposit and haven't received stimulus pay yet either. When they called, they were told that it may take till August for everyone to receive it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics