Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
What’s the going rate to rent a house for shabbos?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 10:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes, I would rent it out. That’s why I am asking what I can get for it.

What’s the condition of the house? Is it newer? Will you provide linen and towels?

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 10:29 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
That price is ridiculous. No one will pay that unless it's absolutely gorgeous. Is it?

And Lakewood Hosts is a whole different experience. It's fresh and hotel style. You can't compare that to someone's house with their stuff in the fridge and drawers etc...

I know ppl in Toms River charching 3k per week. It is considered on the high end but not crazy. There are takers.
I’ve definetly seen 2500 for a weekend.

Sewsew_mom

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 11:10 pm
My area in Tom's river is no less than 2500 for a shabbos. Some come Thursday night and some Friday. All leave sunday afternoon /evening.
Some have pools (3k+).. Some don't(2500+). Some houses are more upgraded than others but doesn't make a difference. But the amount of people you let into your home can have an impact on how much you can charge.. (I've had neighbors have 4 families inside a 5 bedroom house here.. And possibly some did more..)
And they get renters all the time!

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 11:24 pm
Sewsew_mom wrote:
My area in Tom's river is no less than 2500 for a shabbos. Some come Thursday night and some Friday. All leave sunday afternoon /evening.
Some have pools (3k+).. Some don't(2500+). Some houses are more upgraded than others but doesn't make a difference. But the amount of people you let into your home can have an impact on how much you can charge.. (I've had neighbors have 4 families inside a 5 bedroom house here.. And possibly some did more..)
And they get renters all the time!

Just curious how people keep their clothing in drawers and closets.. food in fridge and cabinets? I wouldn’t be able to prepare my home like that over and over again at least till my kids are grown.
I have a decent size house-
5 bedrooms, playroom, study, big yard... but we have “stuff “ all over ... I would have a very, very hard time with people staying here.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 11:29 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
That price is ridiculous. No one will pay that unless it's absolutely gorgeous. Is it?

And Lakewood Hosts is a whole different experience. It's fresh and hotel style. You can't compare that to someone's house with their stuff in the fridge and drawers etc...

This is the price this year and people pay it. People are desperate to get away and many houses are booked for the summer already. We called around for a house and most charge for a house without a pool $2500-$2700 a weekend. Thursday night-Sunday night. Most are booked till the end of August. So a large clean house with a pool can easily go for $3000. You might even get more.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 11:33 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Just curious how people keep their clothing in drawers and closets.. food in fridge and cabinets? I wouldn’t be able to prepare my home like that over and over again at least till my kids are grown.
5 bedrooms, playroom, study, big yard... but we have “stuff “ all over ... I would have a very, very hard time with people staying here.

We rented a house in south Fallsburg. The family lives there year round and they rent it out for weekends through the summer. They left everything where it is and the have separate closets for the guests to unpack. They have a separate small fridge as well. But they do have to work hard every week to leave it spotless, I guess it pays for them to do it.

Sewsew_mom

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 11:35 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:

To be honest.. Anyone here who rents out their homes don't have stuff lying around.
And they have cleaning help to set up and clean up once renters leave. Food you leave in garage fridge/freezer...
It's a bit of work.. But it's nice money for a weekend... And it's not for everyone.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 11:39 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Monsey area here. My neighbors do it in the summer. 5 bedroom newer houses, no pool. They get 1500-2000 per shabbos

My friend paid 1700 for a villa for a 3 night weekend at the Raleigh hotel.
This included meals.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 11:42 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
My friend paid 1700 for a villa for a 3 night weekend at the Raleigh hotel.
This included meals.

No, it does not. The villa's in Raleigh do not include meals, it's a separate charge. It's $1700 without meals. It's an additional $129 per adult, $119 per teen, and $102 per kid for meals. My in laws were there last weekend and this is their pricing.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 11:47 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
No, it does not. The villa's in Raleigh do not include meals, it's a separate charge. It's $1700 without meals. It's an additional $129 per adult, $119 per teen, and $102 per kid for meals. My in laws were there last weekend and this is their pricing.

I just double-checked with my friend, and she said meals were included.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 11:51 pm
Toms River houses with pools definitely get at least 2700 this summer.
Hey supply and demand. There's hardly anything available to rent.
Personally I wouldn't do it, I'm very private and would not be comfortable having strangers in my house especially when not home.
But 3k is nothing to sneeze at if you really need the money.

Just as a small comparison, we always used to go away for weekends in the summer. I used to search homeaway.com for rentals in any area close to NY. We would have loved a pool. But anything with a pool was at least $800 a night. And this was not in a Jewish area.
So I can imagine a house with a pool near a shul is worth much more.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 11:55 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
I just double-checked with my friend, and she said meals were included.

This is strange. I know 2 people that went for a weekend and food was a separate charge. I'm going to ask my in laws again, maybe I misunderstood.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 12:03 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
This is strange. I know 2 people that went for a weekend and food was a separate charge. I'm going to ask my in laws again, maybe I misunderstood.

You may not have misunderstood.

It’s possible my friend booked last minute and got a discounted rate.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 12:19 am
Where do people go when they rent out their house for a week? I have a 5 bedroom house in toms River with an above ground pool, I would love to rent it out for the month of August or at least 2 weeks of August. How much can I make and any ideas where we can go that it would be worth it?

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 12:23 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Where do people go when they rent out their house for a week? I have a 5 bedroom house in toms River with an above ground pool, I would love to rent it out for the month of August or at least 2 weeks of August. How much can I make and any ideas where we can go that it would be worth it?

Are you me? Same type of house, same location, same question. Plus one more: Where do you list these houses? Reservekosher has hardly any houses listed.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 12:44 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Are you me? Same type of house, same location, same question. Plus one more: Where do you list these houses? Reservekosher has hardly any houses listed.

I'm on 2 WhatsApp groups of people that are renting and looking to rent

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 12:49 am
David’s vacation rental (732) 207-4638 whatsapp

I’m part of his group, he posts houses for rent.
I have no idea what he charges

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 1:59 am
Thanks for the info!

coloredleaves

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 12:35 pm
What other WhatsApp groups or places are there to find out about vacation house rentals ?

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 11:19 pm
OP- is your home available for this weekend? Would love to rent it for shabbos. Have taken quite a few homes in the past and we're looking for something for this weekend
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries