Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Being parsumei nissim

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 2:39 am
Charlene Aminoff inspired me to share my miracle! My daughter was baking a cake when she was about 7 and she was about to take the plug of the mixer out of the socket with her hands full of batter and wet. I told her not to take it out yet until her hands are dry. She cleaned and dried them off and she still remembers this to this day because I said "מלאכים were watching out for you"
I see now clearly how important it is to tell a child "Hashem is here with us" or if a child feels frightened "lets Daven and ask Hashem to help us" I believe giving a child a recognition of Hashem and how He helps us and loves us and we can turn to Him is an amazing gift the child won't easily forget.
Please post your miracle so we can see Hashems wonders right before us.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 2:51 am
I'm happy that your daughter was ok, and it's lovely to have an awareness of Hashem in our daily lives.

Now, what if something bad happens? Do you say that Hashem wasn't watching out for you that day? I would think through the educational implications of what you are suggesting.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 3:05 am
Great question. I always believe Hashem is with us in hard times and good times. If something bad happens I say Hashem knows better then me what I need. I truly feel grateful even if something seems bad because I know if it is from Hashem it is good and I trust His judgement. But if my child had something happen I would probably say that we don't understand everything

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 3:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Great question. I always believe Hashem is with us in hard times and good times. If something bad happens I say Hashem knows better then me what I need. I truly feel grateful even if something seems bad because I know if it is from Hashem it is good and I trust His judgement. But if my child had something happen I would probably say that we don't understand everything

If we claim to understand the good, we can't suddenly say we don't understand Hashem's ways when bad things happen. I think we're better off just saying that we're thankful when things are good, but even then, we don't know how the world works.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 5:00 am
What's with the passive aggressive hugs? Feel free to disagree in words.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 8:26 am
OP, you are reminding me of an article I recently read in the March 2020 Readers Digest. Medical writer Michelle Crouch wrote about doctors and trust, using the personal example of her husband's benign but scary brain tumor as a conceit. Obviously she has the chops to do good research in such a case. At one point, she says, she turned to her rabbi for support. The rabbi then mentioned a congregant who had been through something similar, who urged her to get a second opinion with a particular doctor who used a surgery protocol that was much less risky, and her husband is bH doing well nearly 10 years later.

All I could think was, so many times we tell people here to turn to a rav, along with whatever other hishtadlus we need to do. And Ms. Crouch did. Her temple and rabbi would not be the ones that we be our spiritual homes, but look at the blessing that came into her life by bringing spirituality into the picture.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational