Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Playgroup random question

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:55 am
I know this is a random question, with know reason for asking just for my curiousity, but I’ve seen many more random questions on imamother so I decided why not ask and see if someone knows. I have a child who will be about 17 months in September. I’m sending to a play group in someone’s house. I am just curious what children this age do by playgroup. Now he is still a baby, but later in the year he will turn 2 and be a real toddler. Do two years olds ever make projects by playgroup? Do they have any circle time? Or is it just free play similar to a babysitter? There is no real reason for my question, just curious what my child will be doing.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:56 am
Every group is different... you would have to ask the morah

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 11:27 am
My just two year old is at a day camp now, they do arts and crafts (mostly just coloring), bubbles, play with toys, sing songs, sprinkler etc...

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 11:31 am
DD had davening time, circle time they did some parsha, shapes, colors, exercise. They did crafts & painting. In the summer they went swimming or sprinkling.

Stars

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 11:33 am
They should definitely have more structure and activities than by a babysitter. Did you get any references to check out this playgroup?

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 11:35 am
What age do I need to start sending to playgroup and ditch the babysitter? My baby will be 16 months in spetember..my first so no idea how these things go

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 11:37 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
What age do I need to start sending to playgroup and ditch the babysitter? My baby will be 16 months in spetember..my first so no idea how these things go

This really depends on the child. Some kids need more structure and stimulation at 18 months and some kids are fine just playing at the babysitter till 2 years old.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 11:53 am
Stars wrote:
They should definitely have more structure and activities than by a babysitter. Did you get any references to check out this playgroup?

Yes I heard that they start of in the beginning mire like a babysitter and as the year goes on they add more structure. I was just curious if anyone knows how that works out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics