Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Clean series/movies for ds14 to watch

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:14 am
Ds14 is looking for movies or series that he can watch. He is sooo bored at home. He still has plenty of books but he also wants something to watch. Things that will take longer than 1 movie (series etc) would be preferred
He's just finished watching Lord of the Rings, but he's not fixed on just fantasy. Thinks he might like some comedy.
Any suggestions that would be suitable for him? It needs to be really clean.
TIA

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:25 am
Before we can suggest anything, you need to define clean in 3 areas: language, relationships/s-xuality, and violence. What is okay?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:05 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Before we can suggest anything, you need to define clean in 3 areas: language, relationships/s-xuality, and violence. What is okay?

Violence less bothered (he's watched lord of the rings and the hobbit, both of which are pretty violent)
Language ideally clean, no swearing
Don't mind if there are women/girls in the movie just don't want them to be too undressed. Also don't want any kissing or worse ideally...

Doesn't necessarily have to be modern stuff, if anything the older stuff is often cleaner...
Thanks

shmosmom

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:11 am
At that age I think I watched that popular old show, I forgot what it's called. The little girl (Mary or Michelle or something) is played by the Olsen twins and she says "You got it, dude" a lot.
The theme song is Everywhere you look, everywhere you go...I'm sure someone here will know what I'm talking about.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:17 am
shmosmom wrote:
At that age I think I watched that popular old show, I forgot what it's called. The little girl (Mary or Michelle or something) is played by the Olsen twins and she says "You got it, dude" a lot.
The theme song is Everywhere you look, everywhere you go...I'm sure someone here will know what I'm talking about.

Full house

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:21 am
What about classic oldies like Andy Griffith, d!ck van dyke, the Lucy show and I love Lucy or my absolute favorite The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet. These are very clean since they are old.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:56 am
I don’t know if it’s something that will bother you/your son, but my friend’s biggest issue when looking for options for her boys has often been the women singing. If that’s an issue, please let us know because it can limit options. Also, some feel that background music is different than a female character singing a song, so please be specific.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 11:06 am
TV series--Early Edition
Movies--Dunkirk, The Great Escape (no women in either movie and barely any language. I think maybe 1 swear word in Dunkirk in total).

I kind of doubt a 14 year old boy would like Full House--that's a girly type of show. Also, most kids nowadays probably won't have much patience for old black and white TV shows.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 11:35 am
Wonder is a clean, great movie.

Teomima

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 12:52 pm
What about sci-fi series like Star Trek TNG or Stargate SG-1.
There was a fun tv series I used to watch, Step by Step. I think that was pretty clean.

Check out commonsensemedia.org for reviews on various shows.

Reality

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 12:55 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Wonder is a clean, great movie.

Except for the opening scene when he's born. Totally unnecessary. I had my kids skip the first few minutes.

bigsis144

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 12:58 pm
Avatar the Last Air Bender is animated, but I saw it for the first time as an adult and was blown away by the writing, the characterization, the humor, the world-building... it’s EXCELLENT.

The Dragon Prince is by the same writers, and also very good. The animation in the first season is a little wonky, but it gets better.

Both are on Netflix.

bigsis144

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 1:12 pm
Doctor Who has some romance but is intended as a family show. Varies in quality, from low-budget and silly to excellent psychological horror to just plain fun time traveling adventure.

I only really know Doctors Nine, Ten (my fave 💙) and Eleven; I stopped watching by the time Twelve and Thirteen came along so I don’t know as much about those seasons.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 1:17 pm
Any animation movie by Studio Ghibli (on Netflix) is guaranteed to be funny, clean, no language, and I think that the most you'll see is a silly peck on the cheek, or maybe a couple who holds hands at the very end of the film. (Whispers of the Heart)

The artwork is absolutely stunning, beyond description. I can watch these over and over again, and always notice something new. The level of detail!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics