Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Study: Nail In Coffin Of Dangerous Concept Of Herd Immunity
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 12:18 am
gold21 wrote:
I don't claim to have all the answers. Not at all. Nor am I an anti-masker. I was sharing this info in response to a question above. But please feel free to contact the scientists. They can simply check Wikipedia if they can't gain access to Imamother. Cool

Sorry, I thought you were trying to make a different point. We have so many self-professed experts nowadays who are so often misinterpreting information to suit their own whims. I jumped the gun with your points and thought you were doing the same.

My apologies again. And I will contact the scientists and update them. I do work with them, so that's an easy task LOL

gold21

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 12:25 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Sorry, I thought you were trying to make a different point. We have so many self-professed experts nowadays who are so often misinterpreting information to suit their own whims. I jumped the gun with your points and thought you were doing the same.

My apologies again. And I will contact the scientists and update them. I do work with them, so that's an easy task LOL

Lol, no worries.

Ha, yes, please have them call me. I will direct them as to what their next steps should be. I recommend Phase 5 begin on August 1, with everyone drinking a vial of antibodies daily with their breakfast, and I suggest that distribution of these vials take place on Black Lives Matter Blvd in Manhattan (as that is where the virus does not live). Schools can then reopen but only if every child arrives in a beekeeper suit daily. Bonus, they can harvest honey. (Which has antimicrobial properties....)

Very Happy

pause

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:42 am
gold21 wrote:
I don't claim to have all the answers. Not at all. Nor am I an anti-masker. I was sharing this info in response to a question above. But please feel free to contact the scientists. They can simply check Wikipedia if they can't gain access to Imamother. Cool

LOL. Is that now a thing?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:07 am
Considering my previous experience with Covid, I would gladly get a vaccine shot every 3 months. I have no desire to do that again! Sick

keym

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:21 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Considering my previous experience with Covid, I would gladly get a vaccine shot every 3 months. I have no desire to do that again! Sick

I agree that many people would feel the same way.
The problem is that it's simply unsustainable at keeping the virus at Bay.
Consider a year when the flu shot ends up being only 10% effective. I see with my kids. It rips through the classes, schools, neighborhoods, etc but then it's over for the year.
With COVID-19 we're talking about ripping through a class, school, neighborhood, plus rushing to get vaccinated at least for the older and immune compromised, but never really getting ahead of it.
More similar to how something like strep keeps going around and around classes and families because there is always someone not immune to infect.

I keep on saying it. The governor's and leaders talk about making a vaccine as the solution. But maybe there can't be a vaccine-like AIDS. Maybe there needs to be way more focus on the meds to heal, or at least take away the worst of the symptoms- like Tamiflu.
And I know there are some studies and trials. But it seems like there is so much focus on vaccines.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:23 am
keym wrote:
Maybe there needs to be way more focus on the meds to heal, or at least take away the worst of the symptoms- like Tamiflu.
And I know there are some studies and trials. But it seems like there is so much focus on vaccines.

A Tamiflu type treatment for Covid would be amazing. I'd buy stock in that (and stock up!) How long would it last in the refrigerator? Very Happy

keym

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:29 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
A Tamiflu type treatment for Covid would be amazing. I'd buy stock in that (and stock up!) How long would it last in the refrigerator? Very Happy

But that's the thing.
Tamiflu is a very strong med, with potential dangerous side effects, that only minimized the flu effects- doesn't get rid of it entirely.
In fact not much different than some of the COVID-19 treatments available.
I don't know. It's hard to not feel like politics are involved.

gold21

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 12:43 pm
pause wrote:
LOL. Is that now a thing?

Yeah, lol, on social media.

gold21

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 12:43 pm
keym wrote:
I agree that many people would feel the same way.
The problem is that it's simply unsustainable at keeping the virus at Bay.
Consider a year when the flu shot ends up being only 10% effective. I see with my kids. It rips through the classes, schools, neighborhoods, etc but then it's over for the year.
With COVID-19 we're talking about ripping through a class, school, neighborhood, plus rushing to get vaccinated at least for the older and immune compromised, but never really getting ahead of it.
More similar to how something like strep keeps going around and around classes and families because there is always someone not immune to infect.

I keep on saying it. The governor's and leaders talk about making a vaccine as the solution. But maybe there can't be a vaccine-like AIDS. Maybe there needs to be way more focus on the meds to heal, or at least take away the worst of the symptoms- like Tamiflu.

Agreed 100 percent!!
Totally with you on this.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 2:59 pm
That's normal. Antibodies are the immediate response; Memory B Cells are the long-term response. Antibodies aren’t meant to last.

Memory B cells are a B cell sub-type that are formed within germinal centers following primary infection. Memory B cells can survive for decades and repeatedly generate an accelerated and robust antibody-mediated immune response in the case of re-infection (also known as a secondary immune response). https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_B_cell

Laiya

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 3:39 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
There are articles for both types of immunity (humoral and cellular), with no definitive conclusion for either. And there are articles discounting all immunity for CV. This article isn't misleading, it's just lending its perspective based on what these scientists have found. They've gone public with their findings since a good portion of society have pinned their hopes on the antibodies. They're discounting our current theories and hopes, and not all of immunity.

Articles don't mean much, what we want to look at are peer-reviewed studies. And there is not one published, peer reviewed study to date regarding a single case where someone was infected with covid, developed antibodies, lost the antibodies, and became reinfected again with symptoms.

Obviously that doesn't mean that it's impossible, or even unlikely. But when we don't have evidence, in the form of scientific peer reviewed studies that it exists, it's wrong imo for news sites (again, referring to media reporting on the studies, not the studies themselves) to run fear-mongering headlines.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics