Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Gardening
Nice landscaping without a landscaper?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 6:05 pm
If we have a sprinkler system and put down grass and some bushes and flowers will it look nice without using a landscaping company?
I’m sure nice green grass will grow but what happens with weeds?
Anyone did this or will we just get results if we use a landscaper?

amother
White

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 6:15 pm
It can look nice without a landscaper but you have to really want it.
1. I do follow the "scotts" regimen and sprinkle the turf builder/dandelion repellant 4 x a season.
(one of the reasons I already owned a few n-95 masks before covid)

2. I can't make my bushes look like topiary creations, but I do maintain them often! If not, they just grow too high and become unmanageable.

3. I am a sahm. I cannot imagine working full time and also maintaining my lawn.

Of course, it also depends on the size of your yard. There are some yards that we used to joke could be cut with manicure scissors, so I guess those don't take up as much time.

Cutting, edging, weeding the flower garden, and maintaining the (many!) bushes is a form of exercise that yields results, saves me money and makes me feel accomplished.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 6:18 pm
You can’t just leave it. If you don’t have a landscaper do the upkeep than you need to do it. My DH applies weed and feed to the grass every year.
We cut our own grass .
You can trim your bushes and flowers need watering. If they are only annuals , they will die and not grow back. If they are perennials they will grow back from year to year

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 8:33 pm
We are scared to put pesticides on our grass it does not look so bad our sprinkler system broke and we just use rain water the grass does not look that bad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Gardening