Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Nice bar mitzvah halls in Lakewood
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 1:48 pm
Making a bar mitzvah next year 🙈 which halls that do bar mitzvahs are very nice?

jewishmom6

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 1:53 pm
TBY

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 2:09 pm
Bnos Bracha is pretty nice

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 2:09 pm
If you want really nice the short answer is none.

Most halls are in school buildings and the entrance way is really ugly to come to your simcha. Like tiferes Bais yaakov to walk in You are seeing school signs all over the walls Nd pictures of kids I don’t know why they didn’t make a separate entrance. The same with ateres Malka the hall itself is the nicest hall bit again you are walking through a school, the hallways are covered with posters and the men’s bathroom is the kids bathroom so honestly really disgusting.

When people want nice they either go to deal or rent out one of the wedding halls in town using their chuppah room.

Another option is to add in lighting and completely cover the entrance way and hallways leading up to your room
So it doesn’t look like you are walking into a classroom.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 2:12 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:

Most halls are in school buildings and the entrance way is really ugly to come to your simcha. Like tiferes Bais yaakov to walk in You are seeing school signs all over the walls Nd pictures of kids I don’t know why they didn’t make a separate entrance. The same with ateres Malka the hall itself is the nicest hall bit again you are walking through a school, the hallways are covered with posters and the men’s bathroom is the kids bathroom so honestly really disgusting.

When people want nice they either go to deal or rent out one of the wedding halls in town using their chuppah room.

Another option is to add in lighting and completely cover the entrance way and hallways leading up to your room

Thank you. I hate the walking in to a school feeling.
What about River 978 or eagle ridge type of places?

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 7:49 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:

I had beautiful simchos in tby. There are no signs visible in lobby at all if I remember correctly. I think they put up mechitzos with trees in front

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 8:58 pm
Estreia
There are also halls in shul's basement if you don't like schools! Wink

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:04 pm
Eagle ridge is beautiful but a lot more expensive than the others and considered high end . Depends on your budget , circles etc. Estreia is nice too but small, more of a warm feeling versus upscale.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:06 pm
Not op but also making BM next year. In Brooklyn I had to book a year in advance if I wanted to get the hall of my choice.
How is the situation in Lakewood? Do I need to book that far in advance?
How much can I expect to pay?
Do you need to bring your own caterer and party planner or are there halls that are all inclusive?

mommybrr

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:54 pm
River Terrace (glatt gourmet's hall) is really nice.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 11:35 pm
Ateres Yeshaya? Rabbi Gissinger ztl 's shul? They're not school buildings.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 11:59 pm
Tby is really nice. Walls are blocked with mechitzas. Bathrooms are separate.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 12:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you. I hate the walking in to a school feeling.
What about River 978 or eagle ridge type of places?

River 978 is very nice but small. If you have 100 couples there is no room for dancing. It’s stunning for a smaller crowd.

Eagle ridge is nice but caterer is exclusive and food isn’t so good and more in the cheap side.
Also owner is very difficult to deal with.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 12:02 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:

Agree.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 12:02 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
I had beautiful simchos in tby. There are no signs visible in lobby at all if I remember correctly. I think they put up mechitzos with trees in front

There are pictures of the girls all over the walls. It could be whoever made a Simcha spent money covering it up. Some people put in lighting to disguise it.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 12:04 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:

I’ve Been to events where the walls weren’t blocked. As I stated originally you can spend extra money To block out the school feeling and make it look nice but you have to add that expense into type budget if you want a nice event

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 1:36 am
Bump. Looking to make a nice bar mitzvah after next summer iyh. Don’t have a ton if family so doesn’t need to be huge but we would like it to be nice with party planning, good food etc. which are the best options?

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 9:13 am
I made a simcha in Tby
They blocked the pictures with movable mechitzas and trees.
You can still tell it’s a school but not in your face
The hall itself is big and gorgeous.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 9:34 am
We ended up making it in River Terrace and it was gorgeous! The only thing I'd do differently next time is to hire a party planner.
I wanted to save myself the money but it was not worth the hassle and pressure of taking care of the decor myself.
The food was out of this world delicious!

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 1:50 pm
I hired a party planner and I’m so happy that I don’t have to make a full time job out of making a bar mitzvah.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries