Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby fell off the bed
Previous  1  2

liveandlove.ima

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 8:53 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

I got her to the pediatrician that day. He checked her over and said "Don't worry. I doubt this will affect her SAT scores." and sent us home.)

Well, didn't it? wondering Wink

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:05 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Are you sure he's not crying out of pain when you put him on his back? Is it possible he hurt his back or the back of his head? I would definitely bring him in as a precaution to the dr

This!

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:25 pm
My daughter fell off my parents bed when she was five months old. I did take her to ER. They did CT SCAN. She was fine. Now she’s turning 21. Becoming a computer programmer. But I’m glad I didn’t have to worry about her all this time.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He BH has no signs of injury...
I was just afraid he is in stress and if so, what can possibly be done

You mentioned that he fell and hit the back of his head. Then you say that he cries when you lay him down on his back. Isnt it possible he has an injury to the back of his head? Even if its just a soft tissue injury, it can be quite uncomfortable and painful to lay on a bruise.

If he hit his head in any way, it's very important to get him cleared by a doctor. Some head injuries can appear hours later, and early care makes all the difference. If he appeared fine the entire day, he is most likely just fine. But isn't this the perfect case for rather be safe than sorry?

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:56 pm
It's always the right thing to do to get a baby checked out after a fall. Especially if he's crying when you lie him down, he might have gotten hurt somewhere you can not see.

gilamom

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 11:27 pm
My 10 month old fell off the bed onto carpet, she cried a little. The next day I noticed she wasn't crawling anymore so I called her dr and he said go right away to an orthopedic surgeon for an xray. BH we did, she had broken her elbow in two places. I still can't wrap my head around it, such a short fall onto soft carpeting with plenty of chubby baby arm fat to cushion the fall and still there was damage.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 1:02 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Your response is very odd to me.

Worry less about emotional trauma and more about physical trauma at this age.

You should absolutely bring him
To the pediatrician to get examined

Signed, pediatric hospital social worker

Babies falling off beds is a prime cause for skull fractures and bleeding in the brain cavity. Usually just need monitoring for a few days till it all resolves.
Please take him to a doctor immediately.
Signed,
Pediatric hospital social worker

Miri1

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 6:45 pm
I really doubt your baby is emotionally traumatized, but I do think you should have him checked out.
Not just the head, the doctor may palpate his stomach to make sure there is no other injury.

If he's acting out of the ordinary that is a reason to have him seen, not a reason to worry about trauma.
Perhaps you're afraid the doctor will be judgmental, but doctors are used to these types of accidents.

Also, did you check to see if the baby fell onto anything big or small that might have been on the floor next to the bed.

abaker

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 9:26 pm
OP did you take the baby to be checked out? Thinking of you/baby.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics