Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Seminary next year
Previous  1  2

banana123

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 3:44 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
At the moment non israeli citizens are still not allowed into Israel, so Im not really sure how this will play out.

Well, kinda. There are all these exceptions...
http://www.israelnationalnews......83489

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 3:53 am
I have a similar dilemma.
Our daughter is registered for a seminary in Israel with boarding. We're in the country - but it's down south. For DD the main pull was for the dorm experience, (Though obviously we signed up because of teh whole program).
They're pressing for a direct debit to be set up, but when I asked what will happen if there's a lockdown, they said they'll refund teh dorm expenses, but will still charge the rest (which is a LOT of NIS) as they'll do distance learning.
Since the 2nd corona wave is still going strong, I'm unhappy with this. I dont feel that paying that high a sum is justified if there's a strong chance of DD staying home and learning a few hours a day online, or by phone. For that, she can sign up to any seminary far closer to home and we'll be paying max. about half that sum a month.
But, if they DO open as usual, it will be a huge shame for her not to be there. It's been a long time dream of hers to go there...
REALLY don't know what to do. Any bright minds out there???
(Going anon. coz so many people know our daughter is signed up for this sem).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics