Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
ISO Salmon & Potatoes Sheet Pan Recipe

Pink Flamingo

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 10:09 am
Can anyone post an easy sheet pan recipe using salmon and red potatoes? It could include a veg also but doesn't need to because I can toss together a salad instead

TIA!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 10:40 am
Salmon cooks really fast, and raw potatoes can take an hour or more, especially the waxy type.

The most important thing to do, is to BOIL the potatoes first, until a toothpick can push through with some resistance still. You don't want them mushy.

What flavors do you enjoy? Moroccan, onion soup, sweet and sour, lemon and dill? All of those would also work on the potatoes, so you can season everything at once by tossing it with the marinade in a plastic bag. Then dump it all on a lightly greased pan or tinfoil liner, and separate the salmon from the potatoes.

If you are trying to cut down on fat, just lightly spray the top of everything with some pan spray, to crisp up the surface. Otherwise, use some oil in your marinade to keep everything from drying out in the oven.

Stir fry some zucchini, mushrooms, and diced onion to serve on the side. Yummy! (I'm having that tonight, along with sweet and sour chicken.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics