Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Help me decide which refrigerator to buy

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 7:07 am
I have two options and can’t decide which to buy.

The first is a top fridge with a bottom freezer.
I have that now which broke so I could get the same one and it won’t cost me a penny.
Problem is when I bought it I was never happy with the way it fit in. I have a couple of inches on both sides with a gap and things are forever falling in between and very hard to retrieve. Also I never liked that it opens wide because it is near the door to the kitchen and everyone standing there could look right in and the door always gets in the way.
But I wouldn’t have to pay for it and money is very very tight now plus I need to replace my oven and need money for that.

Second fridge is a French door style. I like the look but it doesn’t come in the color I really want but my kitchen is so old and miss matched I don’t care anymore. The width will fill the gaps I have now but one door won’t open all the way because there is a wall next to the fridge.
I like the interior better than the one I have now
Also I would gave to pay around 1000 dollars more for this one.

So which should I buy.
Deep down I know I should go for the one I have now but I really like the French door one.
Any thoughts?

Teomima

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 7:28 am
Some things to consider:

On the french door one, on the side that won't fully open, are you sure any interior drawers that may be there will be able to be pulled out without the door all the way open?

For the one you could get for free, would you be happier if the door opened on the other side? Single fridge doors are adjustable that way.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 7:30 am
If money is tight and the French door one isn't perfect anyway, not sure why it is a question.

ckk

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 7:35 am
You won't enjoy the french door one anyway because youl have awkward access to half your fridge because of the wall. Get the one for free and one day in the future you can maybe buy it and figure out where else to put it.

LeahRivka

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 8:06 am
Whatever you decide on style is a personal choice. I will say don't buy LG or Samsung. They are terrible to get repaired and parts are expensive. Samsung is made in Korea and LG in China. Try to get Whirlpool, Maytag, Frigidaire, Magic Chef, Sub Zero or Kitchen Aide. These are made in US and are far easier to service and usually less expensive to purchase.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 8:22 am
I am not sure how you are indecisive.

You can get a free refrigerator that works but you dislike OR you can pay for a refrigerator that you don't like. Why not have someone extend the counter on either side in some way so that there isn't a gap. Not perfect but at least it would provide a temporary fix.

If money is tight then why would you not take the free refrigerator. Since it is free at some point if you feel that you have the money to spare, you can get a refrigerator you really like.

I recently remodeled and got a French door refrigerator and if I had it to do over again I would get one with a single door because it is somewhat inconvenient to have to open two doors to retrieve items in terms of knowing what side something is on. Also I have to be careful to close the left door before the other or else it doesn't shut properly.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 10:26 am
Ge has a Shabbos mode
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics