Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Respite - question

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 8:20 pm
Am I allowed to bill for days that I am requested not to come. The person I work for goes away for shabbos, vacations. Can I get paid for those days?

livinginisrael

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 8:42 pm
No. You can only bill for the hours you are there. The parent needs to sign off on it

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 8:53 pm
Wow. Ok thanks. Was expecting to work every day. So far every week twice I was told not to come.

cuties' mom

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:13 pm
If you want to come to me and work for ohel, I never cancel, and ds is only getting 6 out of his 26 hours. We do have someone waiting for fingerprint clearance who will do another 6, but we still have lots of time available.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:58 pm
you need to discuss it with the mother to see how she can make it work for you. Don't just quit.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:02 pm
Not quitting or looking for a new job. It was a temp job just for the summer.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:20 pm
Is Respite one on one only or can I take on multiple kids and watch all togthr.

livinginisrael

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 9:39 am
Its 1 on 1 for people with disabilities. Would be challenging to watch more than 1 child with disabilities.
Dont think more than 1 allowed

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 10:52 am
If it happens often I would ask the mom. I'd say I don't mind the cancelation but I was counting on the income.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 1:40 pm
There are so many desperate families with special needs children who are home from school all summer and the family really needs respite workers. Which agency are you with? Can you ask them to find you an additional family? You can also advertise in local circulars that you are an approved respite worker with available hours. You'll be snapped up.

You can't bill for the hours youre not working, bc aside from it being fraudulent, your client might be taking other billable services in the hours your not working with them (such as aba, home health aide, therapy) and they'll end up being double billed and you'll get caught and get in trouble.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 1:44 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
There are so many desperate families with special needs children who are home from school all summer and the family really needs respite workers. Which agency are you with? Can you ask them to find you an additional family? You can also advertise in local circulars that you are an approved respite worker with available hours. You'll be snapped up.

You can't bill for the hours youre not working, bc aside from it being fraudulent, your client might be taking other billable services in the hours your not working with them (such as aba, home health aide, therapy) and they'll end up being double billed and you'll get caught and get in trouble.

Not in Brooklyn. It's a full time job for one child. The mom randomly cancels the day before because of Dr visits, vacation, or no given reason.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 2:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not in Brooklyn. It's a full time job for one child. The mom randomly cancels the day before because of Dr visits, vacation, or no given reason.

I wonder how doctors and therapists can bill for cancellations if not given notice in advance and why respite/com hab workers dont have the same options. Either way, talk to your supervisor to see if there is anything that can be done about the cancellations (perhaps someone can talk to the mom about it) or if you should switch to a new client or take another client part time if you need the money and want more hours.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 2:22 pm
1) I know Hamaspik is always hiring
In Brooklyn monsey and Monroe
2) The mom has to sign off that you worked so how do you expect her to do that?
3)you can file for unemployment
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics