Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Please help me choose kitchen cabinets, counters andfloors
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:54 pm
Find a picture of kitchen you like and copy exactly in affordable option. Don’t try to figure out counters and cabinets yourself. It’s a very expensive purchase that you don’t redo if you mess up.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 12:01 am
Dd has a friend who is a decorator and she helps us. She recommended to have a dark navy blue island. The cabinets around the kitchen white shaker. The floor grayish bluefish tile. The countertops and backsplash are from the same white marble quarts. The knobs and faucets are goldfish. The sinks are silver. I didn’t even think about the walls color yet.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 2:58 am
Sounds beautiful!

For wall paint;
I don't want to recommend a color because the lighting in your house can make things look different, and what looks perfect in my house can look terrible in yours.

I would by a couple of light gray/griege samples and ask your contractor if you can hold off painting until everything else is in, then try a couple samples out to find the right fit.

try to find nice lighting and bar stools - I find that those small finishes are really what takes a space from "nice and modern" to "stunning"

goforit

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 7:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Dd has a friend who is a decorator and she helps us. She recommended to have a dark navy blue island. The cabinets around the kitchen white shaker. The floor grayish bluefish tile. The countertops and backsplash are from the same white marble quarts. The knobs and faucets are goldfish. The sinks are silver. I didn’t even think about the walls color yet.

Sounds stunning! Would love to see a picture of the finished project.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 10:10 am
Thank you. You make me feel so much better. Dd likes waterfall island but someone here said it is not recommended.

lamplighter

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 1:53 pm
tweety1 wrote:
In Brooklyn you can find for $100 although it is very hard. For $150-200 you can find for sure. But then there are those who charge $350.

Id love recommendations. As well as how many hours they take/need. Im a very decisive person but most of my friends told me its 5-6 hrs minimum

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:30 pm
OP, are you happy with White Shaker cabinets? Do you notice chipping?

What type of counter did you choose? Do you find it practical?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics