Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How many different size clothing do you have?
Previous  1  2

yiddishmom

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 4:07 pm
Ranging from size XS to L + maternity + nursing friendly tops/ dresses.

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 4:42 pm
icebreaker wrote:
In tops, I range from XL to 3XL. It’s so weird. Some 3XL tips fit me tighter than my XL ones.
I fluctuate with bottoms between 16 and 18.

It's not weird. It's the fault of the womenswear industry. There are no standard sizes. Every manufacturer has its own criteria for sizes, and even within a given manufacturer, different lines, e.g. Elizabeth Claiborne and Lizwear, have different criteria. One firm may decide a 26-inch waist is a size 6 while another may decide a 28-inch waist is a size 6.

Also, the cut of a garment makes a difference. You may need a larger size if the armholes are small or if the waist is very fitted, and a smaller size in a shift dress with generous armholes.

The womenswear industry first created numbered "sizes" based on the average measurements of thousands of American women. Of course, the "average" woman matches no real woman on earth. Then manufacturers developed their own sizing systems. More expensive clothing is sized more generously than cheaper clothing, so your Target XL may be your Lord and Taylor M.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 4:47 pm

simcha2

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 4:53 pm
zaq wrote:
Just three:

1.It's gonna take some time this time
2.It's gonna take a lot of love
3.It's gonna take a miracle

🎶🎶

I have 3, the clothes that fit, the 'בעזרת ה section and the חס ושלום section

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 4:59 pm
I guess im a minority. I only have one size (and maternity) but I wear a lot of elastic waist bands and tops with give. Sometimes my clothes fit me more comfortable than others- like post baby ill wear hoodies and slinky skirts but I dont have bigger sizes..

silverlining3

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 5:16 pm
zaq wrote:
It's not weird. It's the fault of the womenswear industry. There are no standard sizes. Every manufacturer has its own criteria for sizes, and even within a given manufacturer, different lines, e.g. Elizabeth Claiborne and Lizwear, have different criteria. One firm may decide a 26-inch waist is a size 6 while another may decide a 28-inch waist is a size 6.

Also, the cut of a garment makes a difference. You may need a larger size if the armholes are small or if the waist is very fitted, and a smaller size in a shift dress with generous armholes.

The womenswear industry first created numbered "sizes" based on the average measurements of thousands of American women. Of course, the "average" woman matches no real woman on earth. Then manufacturers developed their own sizing systems. More expensive clothing is sized more generously than cheaper clothing, so your Target XL may be your Lord and Taylor M.

Ya. I once browsed elzee in Williamsburg for skirts. I finally found one I liked and started trying on. I saw that it's a super narrow fit, had to go up 2 sizes for the right fit. I couldn't bring myself to buy it, I'M NOT THIS SIZE. I think it was Mrs elzee (or a saleslady lol) that said, in her heavy accent, what do you care what size if it fits? If you want I can cut the tag and you won't see a size. I laughed so hard.. I ended up buying and enjoying it haha
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise