Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Things to make with leftover milk - cheese etc

chelsealew

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 12:13 pm
Anyone been making anything with the leftover milk from the food packages? Please share your ideas, recipes, experience making things like yogurt, cheese, ricotta cheese etc. Would love links for kosher rennet too!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 12:24 pm
Mozzarella can be made with kosher rennet. Indian paneer can be curdled with fresh lime juice. There are a lot of tutorials and videos online that will teach you step by step.

You can cook the milk way down until it's at least half or more of the original volume, and then use it in dough to make cinnamon rolls. The bread will come out soft, fluffy, and delicious!

You can also use cooked down milk to make bread with grated cheddar cheese and diced white or yellow onions. This is really good with tomato soup, or a salad. Just remember to make dairy bread in a shape that won't be confused with challah!

Cook milk down thick, and infuse it with pesto and garlic. Add parmesan at the last minute, and you have an easy Alfredo sauce with a lot fewer calories than heavy cream. You can use it as a base for any type of cream soup, too. Just adjust the seasonings as needed.

karat

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 12:35 pm
Milk shakes
Quiches
Cheese sauce for tortilla chips
Flaky dough roll filled with pizza sauce and shredded cheese mixture.
Slice and bake.
Baked potatoes with shredded cheese.
You could also freeze the cheese.

sky

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 1:33 pm
Pancakes or waffles
I freeze them In 1 cup servings. We then throw in blender with cocoa or coffee or fruit to create delicious frozen drinks.

esuss

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 1:52 pm
If you have leftover chocolate milk you could make it very easily into chocolate pudding.
For every 2 cups chocolate milk dissolve 2 3/4 tablespoons cornstarch. cook on fire stirring the entire time until it thickens and starts bubbling.

It works very well my kids eat it all up.

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 5:41 pm
esuss wrote:
If you have leftover chocolate milk you could make it very easily into chocolate pudding.
For every 2 cups chocolate milk dissolve 2 3/4 tablespoons cornstarch. cook on fire stirring the entire time until it thickens and starts bubbling.

It works very well my kids eat it all up.

You don't need chocolate milk; just use milk, sugar and cocoa powder instead Google "chocolate pudding recipe", look at the review comments, and choose whatever looks best to you. I heeded a review that said the recipe had too much sugar ; I used less and it was excellent.

silverlining3

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 5:50 pm
Milk
Pudding- Appx 1 and half cup or less milk and 1.5 instant pudding powder. Blend well. You can put into cups, or, I pour it into a Graham pie crust and fridge. It's delicious.
Milkshake
Iced coffee
Pancakes
Blintzes
Cheese
These days I often make pita pizza to use shredded cheese
Baked ziti with shredded cheese
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics