Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Help!!! Smell of bowel movement all over my house

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 3:11 pm
What could be the cause?

lk1234

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 3:19 pm
Is your sewer line backed up?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 3:22 pm
lk1234 wrote:
Is your sewer line backed up?

How can I tell?

sky

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 3:27 pm
Just had this.
What fixed it for me is that I had a drain (shower) that had not been used in months and the pipe must’ve emptied of water allowing the sewer smell up. You can go around your house and if you have any drains in your house that haven’t been used recently pour a cup of water down.

Or it could be a bad toilet gasket. See if your toilet shakes. It could let in sewer smells.

Are you in a basmeny . Do you have a water pump for sewage. Is it possible it wasn’t emptied recently? You can try flushing the basement toilet a few times until you hear it empty.

bsy

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 3:30 pm
Or something on someone's shoe...

queen esther

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 3:39 pm
About the drains... I've heard that too. I know I have a drain in basement near washer area that I try to put a cup of water in if anything smells weird...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 3:39 pm
bsy wrote:
Or something on someone's shoe...

Checked all the shoes. No.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 4:07 pm
A dead mouse somewhere

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 4:11 pm
It might be your nose.
Clean the insides of your nose

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 4:14 pm
Cooking cabbage?
Covid?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 4:26 pm
Are you potty training any toddlers at the moment? Sometimes they go through a phase where they only want to poop in the corners, behind chairs and sofas, etc. Tracking down the scent is like going through some sort of demented Easter egg hunt. Confused

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 5:03 pm
I'm going with the drain idea, this has happened to us after not being used for a while.

A few other possibilities:

*skunk (yep we've had this too when a skunk was hiding out right near a crawl space)

*we once had an overwhelming smell in the house, we couldn't figure it out - it was really yucky.
Turned out to be a tupperware at the back of the fridge with old broccoli. The visiting speech therapist also smelled it, and when I told her what had caused it didn't believe me... but that was the source!

studying_torah

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 6:02 pm
Could be the drain in the laundry room or the pipes there.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 6:17 pm
Same thing happened to us last week. Turned out to be a dead rat in the attic. Puke

snowflake1

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 8:13 pm
We once had a horrible smell in our house the exterminator asked us over the phone to check the light fixtures there were two of them that were eroding but it was more of a fishy smell

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 8:32 pm
Are you pregnant? That's one of the first signs for me. Natural odors are magnified many-fold. It is normal for human beings to pass tiny amounts of gas that no one would otherwise notice, but when I'm just pregnant it's as if every room is a sewer.

mamma llama

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 12:19 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Are you potty training any toddlers at the moment? Sometimes they go through a phase where they only want to poop in the corners, behind chairs and sofas, etc. Tracking down the scent is like going through some sort of demented Easter egg hunt. Confused

You just made me laugh so hard! Laugh
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry