Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
High risk family member- child needs playdates-brooklyn

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 8:44 pm
not sure what to do, my child needs a social life, playmates, this summer, yet I don't know of a family in my area with a child around age 3.5 that is still being super careful like we are...what should I do

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 8:52 pm
I think that maybe a family that already had covid and they have antibodies would be a safe option. maybe.

metacognizant

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 7:34 pm
Where in Brooklyn are you? We’re at the southern edge of crown heights and we practice mamish social distancing, and my son is 3-1/2. I’d also say the kids should be socializing outdoors only.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 7:36 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I think that maybe a family that already had covid and they have antibodies would be a safe option. maybe.

It is very dangerous to spread misinformation! Having it does not prevent someone from getting it again and antibodies very often disappear after a couple weeks.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 7:40 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
It is very dangerous to spread misinformation! Having it does not prevent someone from getting it again and antibodies very often disappear after a couple weeks.

It is dangerous to spread misinformation.

Antibodies appear to have a half life of approximately three months.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 7:46 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
It is dangerous to spread misinformation.

Antibodies appear to have a half life of approximately three months.

Even if antibodies disappear the cells in the body still recognize the virus and either you don’t get it again or you get an extremely light case. That’s usually the case. When it’s an exception to the rule it will be splashed all over the news.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 8:30 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
She said maybe twice. Pretty clearly that wasn’t medical advice. But you do you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers