Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Can I wear new maternity clothes in the 3 weeks?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 5:38 pm
I'm 16 weeks and needed new loose tops, so I bought. Now I'm having an event that I can technically get away with wearing one thing I have in my closet from last time but the new stuff is way more appropriate for the occasion. Does anyone know the halacha?

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 5:42 pm
Funny, I’m at the same stage and bought myself two new dresses and then realized I can’t wear it. Will be following...

frum_lady

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 5:48 pm
The way I understand is you can wear new things as long as it’s not super exciting that you would make a shehechiyanu on (like a man getting a new suit for shabbos).

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 5:51 pm
I’ve never heard of not wearing new clothes during the three weeks.. just the nine days.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 6:11 pm
Btw thank you for reminding me about the nine days! I would have forgotten to have my son wear his new suit before. And any new clothes that I have (also maternity).

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 6:14 pm
I remember hearing that you can step on the clothes with your shoes and wear them, not certain if it is 100% true.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions