Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
If you had COVID19 and Asthma, do they feel the same?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 8:31 pm
I have asthma. In the past few days it's gotten a lot worse. A couple of weeks ago I was sick, had a test for COVID19 and it was negative, but positive for the normal Rhinovirus. Same with my husband and a kid who also had cold symptoms- yes to Rhinovirus, no to COVID19.

But my breathing feels like bad asthma at the moment. Just wondering how COVID breathing difficulties compare to asthma? I haven't been out much so not sure how I could have caught COVID.

Any information would be helpful, thanks.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 8:43 pm
My husband has asthma. BH no need to go to the hospital. But he did feel a lot better when he got his new inhaler. (He doesn't use it much and had an old one.)
I don;t know if that helps.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 8:53 pm
Can you get ahold of an oximeter?
Perhaps your community or hatzolah has an oximeter gemach.
Hopefully all is good and it will make you calmer.
Also, you could get tested, though tests are really slow nowadays.

I have reactive airways / asthma, and I can sometimes take weeks and weeks to get rid of the post-cold wheeze and cough. Your doc might think it a good idea to take a steroid inhaler for a week - the earlier the better for effectiveness.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 9:14 pm
I get an asthma flare up with every cold, and the asthma flare up I got with covid was about the same.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 9:23 pm
Thank you for the replies. I'm just trying to understand how COVID breathing difficulties feel compared to Asthma. I'm coughing and wheezing (especially at night) and tight like there is a band around my chest or something during the day.

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 9:48 pm
Can you check in with your pulm?
This doesn’t sound right, even if it’s just from the rhino, you may need some additional support.
Refuah sheleima

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 10:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for the replies. I'm just trying to understand how COVID breathing difficulties feel compared to Asthma. I'm coughing and wheezing (especially at night) and tight like there is a band around my chest or something during the day.

I have asthma and had covid and I don't recall the breathing feeling different (it was hard to breathe as usual). I do recall having a lot of anxiety which made my breathing worse.
I wish you a speedy Refuah sheleimah.

Eta: I felt like I had allergies, congested, cough, and hard to breathe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics