Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Unfair treatment at children’s dentist

Dolly1

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 8:44 pm
I had an appointment with my 4 year old ds at the dentist today. Our appointment was scheduled for 3:30. Luck had it that my son tripped downstairs and it delayed our arrival by a few minutes. I arrived at 3:32. The girls by the desk asked me if I’m here for an emergency or a scheduled appointment. I told them I had an appointment. They couldn’t find my name. They finally found my name but with a wrong first name. They kept arguing that I gave them the wrong name. I told them there must hv been a misunderstanding but why would I make an appointment using a wrong name? They finally decided to update it in the system and take my info again.
I sat down for a few min and then a nurse came to call us in. My son saw her dressed up in all the Covid gear and he freaked out. But I managed to take him in. As we reached the room she turns around and tells me sharply “you are late!” At first I didn’t understand what she wanted from me so I said “excuse me? Why am I late? I had an appointment for 3:30?!” She says “yes! 3:30! And now it’s 3:40!! You are late” I was so horrified! I told her “I was here at 3:32, yes 2 min late cuz my ds hurt himself downstairs! But I didn’t arrive 3:40!! I was sitting in the waiting room and waiting to to be called in! The reason why my name came up late in her system was cuz the girl at the desk had to put all the info in again cuz of a misunderstanding! Why is that my fault?!”
My ds who wasn’t terrified enough started panicking from the tension. It was a nightmare and she just about mumbled an apology!
And this is a highly recommended Child friendly dentist!!
Sorry for the long post!
I had to vent!

octopus

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 9:10 pm
Crazy!!

-Sunnygirl

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 9:19 pm
Uch thats so frustrating!! Feel so bad for you and your son!
I hate when these offices get annoyed when you're 2 minutes late and then make you wait for forever!! ridiculous. she mustve been having a bad day. I guess all the covid gear is super annoying and hot and could lead to tension... hope next time is better for you!

Dolly1

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 10:27 pm
Thank you for your kind words. I can totally use it today😊

gibberish

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 11:21 pm
-Sunnygirl wrote:
Uch thats so frustrating!! Feel so bad for you and your son!
I hate when these offices get annoyed when you're 2 minutes late and then make you wait for forever!! ridiculous. she mustve been having a bad day. I guess all the covid gear is super annoying and hot and could lead to tension... hope next time is better for you!

Exactly this. I have heard from a dentist that many, many children are frightened by all the PPE that the dentist is wearing. It is also very hot and uncomfortable to be wearing that stuff all day, so they are more likely to be on edge.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 11:27 pm
I also recently had a dentist appointment with DD and the nurses were quite rude. I blamed it on the mask they're wearing all day. The wear an N95 plus a surgical mask, I don't know how they can breathe. They were all sweating. Of course they nervous and edgy.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 12:31 am
So sorry that you had this stomached dropping experience. I hope that next time it'll be way better.
In light of this, my pediatrician told me that she can't handle the ppe either so she makes the visits real quick and runs out of the room so that she can breathe. This is the sad reality now. Hugs op, it was probably not you, it was the ppe.

amother
White

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 12:36 am
As a wearer of the PPE, it is really hard.
Please everyone, do your histadlut, as difficult as it may be, so that this can end this magefa and we can all get back to normal and provide truly optimal care for your children, parents, and everyone else.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics