Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Do you currently know anyone in brooklyn/lakewood
Previous  1  2  3  Next

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 7:49 am
My coworker is in self quarantine after being exposed to someone in Monsey who just came back from Europe and that individual tested positive for Corona.
My other coworker lives in KJ and he said a couple returned from Florida and tested positive.

little neshamala

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 9:38 am
One of the monsey urgent cares said last week they saw 4 positive cases.
Its definitely still around

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 10:16 am
Yes, I do. She’s experiencing mild symptoms that I am hoping stay mild Sad

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 11:08 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Well people are saying that the reason nobody is getting deathly sick is because the elderly and the at-risk people are still being extremely careful so they aren’t the the ones catching it .....

Or they have died already.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 11:17 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Also, doctors have learned how to treat symptoms better so people are not getting to that later stage of sick. Also, the hospitals are better staffed now and not acting so out of control. And, it may also be a milder strain - which the drs are speculating but dont know yet

Also it might be like any other winter sickness that is more severe in the winter, and affects people less in the summer.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 11:19 am
I'm in Lakewood. I was just diagnosed yesterday. Symptomatic. At home now, but in bad shape stuck in bed.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 11:20 am
Ppl aren't catching it bc there's temporary herd immunity; I.e. so many ppl are immune that the virus has no hosts to spread it.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 11:21 am
Mama Bear wrote:
Ppl aren't catching it bc there's temporary herd immunity; I.e. so many ppl are immune that the virus has no hosts to spread it.

Kind of ironic to say that just after I said I got it?

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 6:39 pm
refuah sheleimah!

princessleah

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 8:31 pm
Deaths are up in the US today by 43%.
NY/NJ/CT region is doing well. Rest of the country is being hit now like we were in April

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 8:56 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Kind of ironic to say that just after I said I got it?

We posted at the same time. I didnt see your post.
Refuah sheleima!

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 8:57 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
My coworker is in self quarantine after being exposed to someone in Monsey who just came back from Europe and that individual tested positive for Corona.
My other coworker lives in KJ and he said a couple returned from Florida and tested positive.

So basically any new infections going around are from ppl who are flying in from other locations. This is terrible. We won't be able to keep the infections away if ppl travel!

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 9:33 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Treat symptoms? How? I was very sick a few months ago. There really isn’t any way to treat symptoms. Unless a person has a problem breathing..

They can give prophylactic treatment to prevent the symptoms from progressing to a serious state.
Blood thinners to prevent blood clots, nebulizer treatments to keep the airways open, etc. Doctors also know now how to manage the more serious breathing issues as well. They know not to put them on high flow vents, and the like.

All of this prevents a lot of seriously ill patients and has a significant impact on the number of deaths.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 4:19 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
I'm in Lakewood. I was just diagnosed yesterday. Symptomatic. At home now, but in bad shape stuck in bed.

Do you know how you got it?
Were you near someone who was sick recently? Did you travel recently?
Do you have Antibodies?
Did the doctor say whether or not your family has to quarantine now?
Refuah shelaima! I know how horrible it is.... hopefully this is the worst it will get.
I took an antibiotic when I had corona for the pneumonia that developed. If you are coughing or congested, this might help you.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 4:24 am
Mama Bear wrote:
So basically any new infections going around are from ppl who are flying in from other locations. This is terrible. We won't be able to keep the infections away if ppl travel!

Traveling is one thing. But if people wouldn’t be selfish and would stay home for two weeks after they come back we would be fine. It’s not going to go away in the frum world bec a lot of people just don’t care about others.

rakcna

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 4:29 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Do you know how you got it?
Were you near someone who was sick recently? Did you travel recently?
Do you Antibodies?
Did the doctor say whether or not your family has to quarantine now?
Refuah shelaima! I know how horrible it is.... hopefully this is the worst it will get.
I took an antibiotic when I had corona for the pneumonia that developed. If you are coughing or congested, this might help you.

I work in a hospital but not with patients. My husband is in hashgacha so both of us have been working throughout. I thought I had it in March, but I didn't. Other than work we spend most of our time at home. We went grocery shopping a few days before I got it, and we also allowed ourselves to do a little more socializing than we had been doing.

Neither of us have traveled or knowingly been exposed to someone who has traveled. I didn't have antibodies when we were tested at work in May. Now it is too early to be tested for antibodies. It is just myself and my husband, and we are quarantined.

watergirl

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 4:34 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
I was in Lakewood last week. Today, my throat has been killing me. My 4 year old has fever, runny nose, cough, throat ache. And my baby also seems under the weather.
Could be nothing, could be Covid. I ain’t testing, so I guess we won’t know.

And here you go. *If* there are “no cases of covid” in Brooklyn/Lakewood... this is why. Not sure why people will not go to get tested. I’m guessing it’s to keep the numbers superficially low. For every positive case, my guess is there are multiple unreported cases. For the life of me, I cannot understand what would keep somebody home and refusing to be tested. My guess is it’s to keep up the false narrative that there are no new cases in Lakewood and Brooklyn because they outsmarted everybody and have “achieved herd immunity”.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 4:40 am
watergirl wrote:
And here you go. *If* there are “no cases of covid” in Brooklyn/Lakewood... this is why. Not sure why people will not go to get tested. I’m guessing it’s to keep the numbers superficially low. For every positive case, my guess is there are multiple unreported cases. For the life of me, I cannot understand what would keep somebody home and refusing to be tested. My guess is it’s to keep up the false narrative that there are no new cases in Lakewood and Brooklyn because they outsmarted everybody and have “achieved herd immunity”.

I think it’s starting to be a stigma if you catch it now so ppl are hiding.
My mother just told me (she is in Baltimore, not ny/lakewood) her neighbor caught it - maybe from dd who visited family - they are keeping all rules but it’s a secret so no one should know.

cnc

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 4:45 am
watergirl wrote:

People don’t get tested because there’s no point .
I know many people that had it and were sick in bed and weren’t tested - what was the purpose of shlepping out and getting a painful nose swab when there’s not much that can really be done anyways...

Besides the fact that the tests don’t have a very high accuracy rate so I completely understand why people wouldn’t bother .

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 4:50 am
Unfortunately the numbers reported do not seem credible- some labs in Florida was just found to be falsely reporting high positives and one person reported he and his wife were tested repeatedly so as to go back to work- he tested positive once but his wife who tested negative was reported as presumed positive due to exposure as were all their repeat tests counted repeatedly- which lends to inaccurate reporting.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics