Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Best way to warm up frozen challah from food boxes

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 9:21 am
I have a few frozen challahs from the kids school lunch boxes. Whats the best way to defrost/ Reheat so they taste freshest?

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 9:25 am
Just take it out the morning you want to use it. I wouldn’t reheat bakery challah.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 9:31 am
Put it in your refrigerator to defrost. If you defrost too fast, it will get dry on top, and soggy on the bottom.

Halfway through the day, turn over the challah in the fridge, so the moisture will stay balanced. Every 6 to 12 hours, give it a gentle squeeze to see if it needs to be turned again.

When you are ready to use it, wrap tightly in tin foil and place in a warm oven. After you are done baking your dinner, just put it in and turn off the heat. It will be perfectly warmed by the time you get to the meal.

(I grew up poor/frugal, and when mom would buy bread on sale, our freezer would be full. I learned how to resuscitate it to get the best results.)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 9:34 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Put it in your refrigerator to defrost. If you defrost too fast, it will get dry on top, and soggy on the bottom.

Halfway through the day, turn over the challah in the fridge, so the moisture will stay balanced. Every 6 to 12 hours, give it a gentle squeeze to see if it needs to be turned again.

When you are ready to use it, wrap tightly in tin foil and place in a warm oven. After you are done baking your dinner, just put it in and turn off the heat. It will be perfectly warmed by the time you get to the meal.

(I grew up poor/frugal, and when mom would buy bread on sale, our freezer would be full. I learned how to resuscitate it to get the best results.)

Interesting, thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics