Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Super Simple Yet Mouthwatering Dessert Ideas

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 8:47 pm
If you have a really easy dessert recipe that is freezable , can be made in advance or doesn't make a huge mess to prepare and everyone likes, please be so kind and post your dessert and the recipe. Thanks

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 9:00 pm
This is a hit every time I make it!
Ooey gooey peanut butter cups
24 prebaked mini pie tarts
Baking choclate
Nut crunch

1 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup corn syrup
1/3 chocolate syrup

Melt choclate and brush in the rim of the cups, dip into nut crunch. This is optional.

Melt peanut butter, corn syrup, and choclate syrup. Pour into pie tarts and let it cool. Before serving pipe on canned whipping spray and garnish with chocolate shavings, or nut crunch. The tarts freeze beautifully, but the cream has to be piped right before serving because otherwise it loses its shape.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 9:03 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
This is a hit every time I make it!
Ooey gooey peanut butter cups
24 prebaked mini pie tarts
Baking choclate
Nut crunch

1 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup corn syrup
1/3 chocolate syrup

Melt choclate and brush in the rim of the cups, dip into nut crunch. This is optional.

Melt peanut butter, corn syrup, and choclate syrup. Pour into pie tarts and let it cool. Before serving pipe on canned whipping spray and garnish with chocolate shavings, or nut crunch. The tarts freeze beautifully, but the cream has to be piped right before serving because otherwise it loses its shape.

Mmmm...sounds divine and exactly the type of thing I'm looking for. Thanks!
Anyone else?

OutATowner

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 9:46 pm
Easiest ever... break up a bunch of sandwich cookies and put in a bowl, pan, or pie crust.
Pour over a whip, unwhipped. Sprinkle in vanilla sugar. I used about 2 TBSP for an 8oz whip.
Mix it a little so there are still chunks of cookies but also crumbs that get mixed in.
Took less than 5 minutes to make and my guests could not stop raving about it.

asmileaday

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 11:33 pm
Razzle is easy and delicious.
Buy pareve vanilla ice cream. Let defrost till it's a mixable consistency (not fully runny). Meanwhile melt chocolate and peanut butter. Add in crunch of your choice- rice crispies, cornflakes, nut crunch etc... Combine it all with the defrosted ice cream and pour into a pie crust.

jewishmom6

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 9:52 am
bump

mamaleh

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 12:56 pm
My friend recently served these & they were amazing! When she told me the recipe I was thrilled at how simple they are. These are a dessert worthy of a simcha but easy enough to make for every Shabbos!
Mini frozen pie crusts
Frozen choc chip cookie dough (kineret works great)
Good pareve chocolate bar (optional)
Place a square of choc & one cookie dough into each crust. Bake at 350 for about 10-15 min or until light brown. Great served warm with ice cream but also super yummy @ room temperature. No need to premake & freeze because it is so simple. Also a great job for little kids (imagine a 4 or 5 yo assembling these & then being able to say they made this yummy dessert).
Enjoy!

shanie5

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 12:57 pm
No bake strawberry shortcake:
Whip 2 8oz whips with about 1/2 cup sugar.(can add more if like sweeter(
Graham crackers
2 lbs strawberries sliced thin.
9x13 pan

Put thin layer of whip on bottom of pan. Then layer graham crackers, whip, strawberries. Repeat until you have 4 layers of Graham crackers etc.
Optional: drizzle melted chocolate over the top.
Refrigerate overnight so cookies soften.
Yummy

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 1:05 pm
I make strawberry shortcake minis. I do a basic spongecake recipe (I can post if needed) and bake it on a parchment lined cookie sheet. For Pesach, use a pesach recipe.

I buy these clear square pastic cups. I think they are meant for condiments but they work great.

measuring the size of these as I go along, I cut up the spongecake according to the size of the bottom of the cup, in neat squares.

Place a square in each cup.

Place thin sliced fresh strawberries over the cake, or use lucky leaf strawberry pie filling (if not for Pesach).

Whip up whipped topping - the 16 oz size. You will need more than one. (I don't remember exactly how many.) Add a little instant vanilla pudding when it's whipped.

Pipe over the cake. I use a wilton decorating tool, but you can just spoon neatly if you like.

Freezes beautifully.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 1:07 pm
I also make delicious mini babkes. I just do my babka recipe and cut into slices (thin - they rise) and bake it in pretty fluted mini muffin tins, or the ones with a scroll design, with crumbs on top and a drizzle of melted chocolate chips.

Looks beautiful, tastes delicious.

tante_feige

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 2:02 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I also make delicious mini babkes. I just do my babka recipe and cut into slices (thin - they rise) and bake it in pretty fluted mini muffin tins, or the ones with a scroll design, with crumbs on top and a drizzle of melted chocolate chips.

Looks beautiful, tastes delicious.

I do this for simchas. People only believe I made it myself because we live OOT with no fancy bakeries.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics