Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
I almost boiled the soup away - will it still taste good?

Elfrida

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 10:21 pm
Last night I put my chicken soup on, let it boil and then turned it down to simmer for a couple of hours - then fell asleep. I woke up at 5:00 this morning and there was about an inch of liquid at the bottom of the pot. I've filled it up and reboiled it, and it smells fine. Do you think it will taste all right? I don't want to start tasting fleishics right now, but I need time to make something else before Shabbos if it's not going to be good.

preciousmommy

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 10:24 pm
I learned that if you have a fleishig liquid in your mouth and then spit it out, you don’t become fleishigs. It’s only from chewing and/or swallowing. So you can definitely taste some broth and spit it out.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 10:27 pm
Should be good. Does it smell "chickeny"?

avrahamama

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 11:12 pm
This happened to me last week. I figured I had chicken soup concentrate added water simmered and it was fine.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 11:14 pm
This happened to me the first time I ever made chicken soup! I was horrified Smile but the soup ended up tasting great anyway! I would add more spices as well.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 11:44 pm
It was actually made with Turkey neck, not chicken, but it has the right kind of smell. I boiled it for couple of minutes then turned the flame off to let it cool down. It looks right and smells right, so I'm hoping for the best.

This was actually planned to be a concentrate in the first place. I normally make a big pot with lots of chicken and vegetables covered with water every few weeks, then divide it into containers and add extra water before freezing it. Then on Friday afternoon I just pull a container out of the freezer and hear it up before Shabbos. Now I suppose it is a double concentrate.

We'll taste it tonight. I might keep the story a secret until after everyone has expressed an opinion - a blind taste test! I'll try to come back and report on Sunday.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 12:00 am
Elfrida wrote:
We'll taste it tonight. I might keep the story a secret until after everyone has expressed an opinion - a blind taste test! I'll try to come back and report on Sunday.

It may be taste better than usual if it's more concentrated. Saltier too. Looking forward to reading the results of your scientific study! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics