Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Recipe for oil free marinara sauce

toysrus

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 7:54 am
Anyone have a homemade recipe for the above?

TIA

sky

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 8:47 am
for what use?

I sometimes mix 16 oz tomato sauce, 1 TBSp garlic Powder, 1 tsp oregeno, Pinch sugar. 1/2 tsp kosher salt. I use this as a pizza sauce.

Edited to specify salt

Last edited by sky on Fri, Jul 17 2020, 8:51 am; edited 2 times in total

Amarante

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 8:48 am
Marinara sauces are very easy to make oil free or almost completely oil free.

The technique for making any oil free dish is to use a low heat to sweat the aromatics and vegetables.

You use a VERY good pot with a heavy bottom so there are no hot spots which enable food to burn and stick.

You add some form of liquid after you have sweated the veggies and aromatics to the soft point to release the fond. The liquid is traditionally some form of wine but can also be broth. You scrape the fond with a wooden spoon to release it and there is nothing left adhering to the bottom.

You then add the tomatoes in whatever form you are using - My recipes generally have a combination of tomatoes (San Manzano are the best) which are either diced or which I squish into small pieces and a small amount of tomato paste. I then add the herbs and spices and a TINY amount of sugar.

I simmer and it is done - no oil at all necessary.

If I were making a meat sauce I would brown the meat separately and then drain all the oil. Some people who are fanatic about oil actually rinse the meat but I just use a low fat meat (NOT the typical 80/20 higher fat chopped meat) and pour out excess fat and brown the meat separately.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 9:59 am
Skip the oil
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....43060

toysrus

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 11:11 am
Thank you, will do
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics