Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
Paint tutorials
Previous  1  2

4thebooks

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 12:20 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Funny question, what do you do with your paintings afterwards?

I watch the tutorials and it looks like so much fun, but I know I'm not the type to hang them up. It feels like a lot of money to spend just to throw out the finished product.

I have them sitting against a wall in my art room and I love looking at them! The better I get the more I’m thinking of starting to sell.. it is expensive and you do end up wasting paint but there are ways to save the paint that doesn’t end up on the canvas. I’m obsessed with it!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 3:13 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Watch and/or follow tutorials on your own until you get the basics. Then you can graduate to doing it on your own. I do agree that doing it on your own releases more creativity but first it helps to have a solid foundation.

Makes sense. Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 3:14 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Go to YouTube and look up "One Stroke Painting". It's so easy, and the results are very professional looking! https://onestroke.com/

You'll want to paint everything in your house after watching it. The woman who does the videos is a single mom with a bunch of kids, and she needed to figure out what she could do from home to make money. She went viral, and now has her own line of paints and kits, and makes a fortune. She's super sweet, too.

I looked her up - she is great! Thanks so much:)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 3:16 pm
Thank you everyone for the recommendations! Got my work cut out for me now Very Happy

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 3:23 pm

OP, this was my first painting done without a tutorial and based on my own mood and creativity. I surprised myself, because I had no idea that I was capable of painting. I loved the entire process. Just go for it. Focus on the process and not on the outcome.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 5:17 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

OP, this was my first painting done without a tutorial and based on my own mood and creativity. I surprised myself, because I had no idea that I was capable of painting. I loved the entire process. Just go for it. Focus on the process and not on the outcome.

Wow! That's amazing! Thanks for sharing:) did you have painting (or other colored art) background prior to this?

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 5:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow! That's amazing! Thanks for sharing:) did you have painting (or other colored art) background prior to this?

No. Never. I did two tutorials with the Art Sherpa and then decided to try it myself.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 6:18 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
No. Never. I did two tutorials with the Art Sherpa and then decided to try it myself.

Impressive. Inspiring:)

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 11:53 am
Bump.
Any other suggestions?
Has anyone had success learning from a book?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics