Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
INTJ personality type. Who else?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 10:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok so we’re finally meeting eye to eye. A LONELY intj would agree to have you break them and the reason I couldn’t relate is because I don’t feel lonely at all.
Alls good now.
You should go into psychiatry. (Although I sometimes feel I’d be great at it too) wonder which personality type makes a great psychiatrist.

Yes this makes sense. The reason I couldn’t relate was because the INTJs that I have known are not lonely. They don’t like being misunderstood, which I relate to, but they are not lonely. It would make sense though that someone with an “F” in their personality might find lonely INTJs where as someone like me would actively avoid someone who gives off “lonely” vibes.

Everyone is an armchair psychiatrist on Imamother.

Zehava

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 10:23 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Yes this makes sense. The reason I couldn’t relate was because the INTJs that I have known are not lonely. They don’t like being misunderstood, which I relate to, but they are not lonely. It would make sense though that someone with an “F” in their personality might find lonely INTJs where as someone like me would actively avoid someone who gives off “lonely” vibes.

Everyone is an armchair psychiatrist on Imamother.

Just to be clear, those are people you would never DREAM are lonely. They are brilliant, super-confident, great at everything they touch, and overall just super-people.
So those you know may very well be lonely and you’d never realize.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 10:23 pm
Zehava wrote:
Many times I find myself helping the helpers. When I suddenly turn it around on them and before they know it they’ve told me things😏.
You can pm me sometime if you’d like

Thanks, but you know that’s not really gonna happen😉 I’m actually an INFJ not INTJ like your friend. I think that poem is beautiful and so real.

Zehava

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 10:26 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Thanks, but you know that’s not really gonna happen😉 I’m actually an INFJ not INTJ like your friend. I think that poem is beautiful and so real.

I figured that’s what you are. My INFJ friend loves my poetry but I am not worthy of her opening up to me at this time. Maybe one day who knows.
There are people out there who are worthy though. Don’t give up just yet.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 10:33 pm
Zehava wrote:
Just to be clear, those are people you would never DREAM are lonely. They are brilliant, super-confident, great at everything they touch, and overall just super-people.
So those you know may very well be lonely and you’d never realize.

I am referring to those INTJs who are brilliant and unassuming and talk to me about how they feel. Those are the INTJs I have been friends with. I am not drawn to types who are super-confident and great at everything they touch. I have met and admired INTJs like that, but they are not likely to be the ones I would have a close friendship with.

Zehava

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 10:40 pm
I am referring to those INTJs who are brilliant and unassuming and talk to me about how they feel. Those are the INTJs I have been friends with. I am not drawn to types who are super-confident and great at everything they touch. I have met and admired INTJs like that, but they are not likely to be the ones I would have a close friendship with.

Interesting
Because the truth is that I have seen the extreme pursuit of perfection and success as a trauma response in INTJs

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 11:39 pm
Zehava wrote:
Course you would. You’d be dissecting some mathematical theory that us mere mortals can’t fathom.
Exactly, this is my life!

Chickensoupprof

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 3:28 am
I'm INFP-T I also think this is hard, lots of people don't understand me.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 3:56 am
Zehava wrote:
Interesting
Because the truth is that I have seen the extreme pursuit of perfection and success as a trauma response in INTJs

The extreme pursuit of perfection and success is a trauma response in many personality types.

Success10

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 4:05 am
The extreme pursuit of perfection and success is a trauma response in many personality types.

As a general rule, how do you differentiate between a person's core personality and PTSD, or even just learned morals? My husband is a very organized person, and needs things to work that way, but that's how his mom was, maybe he just learned it from her? Many people seem like extroverts, seeking out attention at every turn, but it comes from self esteem issues, not necessarily their core personality.

I guess I could answer my own question and say that how a person responds to their life's experiences is based on their core personality, which is why you can have 2 siblings who experienced basically the same moral code and perhaps the same traumas, and they still develop different responses to the environment, since at their core, they are different humans who process things differently.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 5:17 am
Success10 wrote:
As a general rule, how do you differentiate between a person's core personality and PTSD, or even just learned morals? My husband is a very organized person, and needs things to work that way, but that's how his mom was, maybe he just learned it from her? Many people seem like extroverts, seeking out attention at every turn, but it comes from self esteem issues, not necessarily their core personality.

I guess I could answer my own question and say that how a person responds to their life's experiences is based on their core personality, which is why you can have 2 siblings who experienced basically the same moral code and perhaps the same traumas, and they still develop different responses to the environment, since at their core, they are different humans who process things differently.

Yes, you answered your own question very well.

Zehava

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 8:51 am

TJs generally
FPs like me we just freeze and do nothing

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 8:58 am
Zehava wrote:
TJs generally
FPs like me we just freeze and do nothing

So would you say ESTJs and ENTJs would also respond like the INTJ? Maybe Hollywood is littered with ESTJs and ENTJs striving?

I am curious, what is the stereotypical way you think a TP like me would respond?

Zehava

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 9:19 am
So would you say ESTJs and ENTJs would also respond like the INTJ? Maybe Hollywood is littered with ESTJs and ENTJs striving?

I am curious, what is the stereotypical way you think a TP like me would respond?

I would say in Hollywood the ESTJs and ENTJs are the directors and producers, you know the old white guys at the very top.
I’m not that familiar with TPS tbh. But I imagine some shutting down of emotion and isolation would be involved. TJs can shut down their emotions too they just turn it into a flight response of being busy busy busy and perfect.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 9:30 am
Zehava wrote:
I would say in Hollywood the ESTJs and ENTJs are the directors and producers, you know the old white guys at the very top.
I’m not that familiar with TPS tbh. But I imagine some shutting down of emotion and isolation would be involved. TJs can shut down their emotions too they just turn it into a flight response of being busy busy busy and perfect.

Harvey Weinstein is indeed an ENTJ. 🤫

It’s funny what you say about TJs vs TPs because again, I see my response to be more TJ than my DH. I am much more likely to engage in flight, even to a new continent and get busy, where as my TJ DH might flee to the back yard for a bit and then shut down and do nothing.

A stereotypical ISTP is supposed to be James Bond. There are other examples, but I like that one. 😆 LOL

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 7:28 pm
I'm an INFJ which is supposedly extremely rare but I know a few others.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics